EQ2: I love my mage!

There's still some things in this game that annoy me.. Inventory
management, heroic opportunities, and pretty much the whole tradeskill
system. However, the good things about EQ2 are really starting to
grow on me I think.

My summoner is now almost level 13 and just as I was about to dispair
about the lack of Adept I books, I finally got tellurian recruit adept
I as a drop last night!! Once I reach level 14 I get the summon heal
spell and then I can start soloing blue group double-up arrow versions
of a few certain mobs that drop books pretty regularly.

Does anyone know what I need to do to set up my personal store? I'd
like to start selling all these adept I books ASAP, since the chat
channels are filled with confused level 10-14 mages who desperately
need to upgrade their spells :)

I'm probably a n00b compared to those of you able to play more than a
couple hours a day like myself... I am seeing plenty of lvl20+ people
running around already, but it seems like 75% of the people I see in
town are lower than or roughly equal level to myself.

Bruce Miller wrote:
> There's still some things in this game that annoy me.. Inventory
> management, heroic opportunities, and pretty much the whole tradeskill
> system. However, the good things about EQ2 are really starting to
> grow on me I think.

My fighter's come to rely pretty heavily on heroic opportunities. That'll
probably change at higher levels once he gets these introductory quests out
of the way, but for right now it enables him to dispatch foes much more
quickly than if he didn't use them.
--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> Does anyone know what I need to do to set up my personal store? I'd
> like to start selling all these adept I books ASAP, since the chat
> channels are filled with confused level 10-14 mages who desperately
> need to upgrade their spells :)

You buy a "message board" from a character near the Broker NPC. In Freeport
it is in South Freeport where you find the broker and the armour/weapon
smiths down by the waterfront.

The message board costs 1 silver and some copper. You take the message board
back and place it in your house. You can then sell stuff from your inventory
through it (it temporarily sets your house access to vistors allowed). I
haven't tested it yet but I suspect you have to stay in the house in this
"vendor mode".

"Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au> wrote

> You buy a "message board" from a character near the Broker NPC. In
Freeport
> it is in South Freeport where you find the broker and the armour/weapon
> smiths down by the waterfront.
>
> The message board costs 1 silver and some copper. You take the message
board
> back and place it in your house. You can then sell stuff from your
inventory
> through it (it temporarily sets your house access to vistors allowed). I
> haven't tested it yet but I suspect you have to stay in the house in this
> "vendor mode".

1) Ras, your settings are pulling off the EQ2: the OP put on.

2) Odd, my message board cost 64 CP. I'm certain of this because I only had
77 CP when I bought it.

3) Sorry about the subject change; wanted to get it (re-)properly marked.

"Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in news:8Hnnd.371$y72.1@clgrps12:

> 1) Ras, your settings are pulling off the EQ2: the OP put on.

Thta's because Rastus is using OE, and that is a known feature/bug in OE.

--
Marcel

"Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in message

> 2) Odd, my message board cost 64 CP. I'm certain of this because I only had
> 77 CP when I bought it.

Every message board I've seen in the Qeynos area has been marked as free from
NPC vendors.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Dearic - Dwarven Fighter on Mistmoore

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in

> "Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in message
>

>> 2) Odd, my message board cost 64 CP. I'm certain of this because I
>> only had 77 CP when I bought it.
>>

> Every message board I've seen in the Qeynos area has been marked as
> free from NPC vendors.

Did you actually try to buy one though? I did, and could not until I
registered as a tradeskiller of the type I wanted to be, then, all of a
sudden, there was a price, and I could buy one.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 14 Dwarven Shaman, 12 Scholar

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in
>

> > "Ken Andrews" <gobble@degook.com> wrote in message
> >

> >> 2) Odd, my message board cost 64 CP. I'm certain of this because I
> >> only had 77 CP when I bought it.
> >>

> > Every message board I've seen in the Qeynos area has been marked as
> > free from NPC vendors.
> >

> Did you actually try to buy one though? I did, and could not until I
> registered as a tradeskiller of the type I wanted to be, then, all of a
> sudden, there was a price, and I could buy one.

No, I didn't. And I noticed today when I went in, they had a price. I
forget exactly how much.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Dearic - Dwarven Fighter on Mistmoore
Talynne - Half Elf Scout on Mistmoore

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci
Talynne - Half Elf Assassin on E'ci

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> 1) Ras, your settings are pulling off the EQ2: the OP put on.

Buggah - OE strikes again....

*goes off trudging through settings*

"Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au> wrote in news:419e083e$0$25776$5a62ac22
@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

>> 1) Ras, your settings are pulling off the EQ2: the OP put on.
>
> Buggah - OE strikes again....
>
> *goes off trudging through settings*

I would recommend switching your newsreader to XNews
http://xnews.newsguy.com/

--
Marcel

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Heroic opportunities are nice. They make it so combat is involving
instead of the "hit attack and watch tv until dead" feature of EQ 1. I
have been in many battles over the last 20 levels, both group and
solo, where the heroic opportunities have saved the day. The trick is
learning how they work in groups. Once you get a group that have them
pegged your kill rate increases dramatically.

Tradeskills on the other hand are tedious and overly time consuming
IMO. They really could have done a much better job on them.

In article <ZAUnd.433793$D%.45773@attbi_s51>, Steve wrote:
> Heroic opportunities are nice. They make it so combat is involving
> instead of the "hit attack and watch tv until dead" feature of EQ 1. I

If you tried "hit attack and watch tv until dead" in EQ1 with a mage,
that "until dead" will be for the mage, not the mob. :)

--
--Tim Smith