August 26, 2011 1:23:12 AM

Hey guys Im running on a

CPU:Core2Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
4GbRam DDR2
HD5770 Vapor X
Win 7 Ultimate 64Bits
600Watt Zalman Power Supply
22inch monitor at 1920x1080

I've tried many thins but it keeps me getting about 40-45 max. with 30fps drops, i think I should get better fps but I dont know, thats the why from topic, it is ok??? or am i asking too much my system....also I have 11.8 CCC driver, today I made a test, i get my 15inch monitor back, and plugged in and i got the same FPS that I get on the 22inch on....

Here the Settings of BC2

[Graphics]
Effects=high
Soldiers=high
Vehicles=high
Overgrowth=high
Undergrowth=high
StaticObjects=high
Terrain=high
Shadows=medium
Bloom=false
HSAO=false
MSAA=1
Water=medium
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=auto
Aniso=0
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=0
Fov=55

Thx for reading
August 26, 2011 5:57:43 AM

Its your RAM and CPU.
I had the same CPU and it got worse and worse and eventually died out.
Going into the high end generation now, your gonna have to up your ram and get a new CPU.
I would recommend 8-16 Gb of ram
and an i5 or i7, they really are great.
August 26, 2011 6:38:57 AM

There are virtually no games that use more than 2GB of RAM as very few games have a 64 bit version of the exe, anything beyond 4GB is overkill for a gaming PC right now. If possible, try overclocking your CPU. If you can get it up to around 3GHz you would probably get much better performance. Core 2 Quad is still a viable gaming CPU, but 2.4GHz is a bit too slow to get good performance, particularly in CPU heavy games that like faster quad cores.
Related resources
August 27, 2011 12:49:28 AM

Supernova1138 said:
There are virtually no games that use more than 2GB of RAM as very few games have a 64 bit version of the exe, anything beyond 4GB is overkill for a gaming PC right now. If possible, try overclocking your CPU. If you can get it up to around 3GHz you would probably get much better performance. Core 2 Quad is still a viable gaming CPU, but 2.4GHz is a bit too slow to get good performance, particularly in CPU heavy games that like faster quad cores.

Somewhat true, but its better safe than sorry, especially when if you have a gaming specific setup, it will choke.
August 27, 2011 1:32:09 AM

Supernova1138 said:

+1 the RAM is not an issue causing low in game fps, the answer is simple the OPs cpu at stock frequency is a bottleneck, and the 5770 only delivers marginal performance at those settings, oc and game on!

as long as the OPS expectations are accurate bc in the a 5770 is only gonna deliver so much performance at 1080p, try setting everything to medium, no aa but to be honest the fps that you are getting right now in your original post sounds about right the 5770 is just not that great of a gpu in a semi demanding game @ 1080p
August 27, 2011 2:41:54 AM

jjb8675309 said:
+1 the RAM is not an issue causing low in game fps, the answer is simple the OPs cpu at stock frequency is a bottleneck, and the 5770 only delivers marginal performance at those settings, oc and game on!

as long as the OPS expectations are accurate bc in the a 5770 is only gonna deliver so much performance at 1080p, try setting everything to medium, no aa but to be honest the fps that you are getting right now in your original post sounds about right the 5770 is just not that great of a gpu in a semi demanding game @ 1080p

I agree with this, But i'm assuming like every gamer, he wants High detail everything, But this is the best response to follow right now.
August 27, 2011 4:02:24 AM

Thx a lot guys, btw, anyone knows a good website showing overclocking step by step??? Im a little noob on this, so i dont wanna fried my cpu...if you could link it, it would be great thx
August 27, 2011 4:03:17 AM

Sry,I missed something, my MoBo is a Asus P5B-VM SE
August 27, 2011 1:44:41 PM

NuclearFenix said:
I agree with this, But i'm assuming like every gamer, he wants High detail everything, But this is the best response to follow right now.

well if that was the case then the OP should be building a new rig, the OP will still get decent use out of his c2q with a proper oc, hes not going to come close to maxing out much with the rig that he has so why not be happy with med-high settings... basically OPS expectations need to be in line and if his current system is not delivering (I know it wouldn't for me personally) then id be upgrading immediatley, thats my 2 cents, basically keep what you have but start saving for a new build if maxing out is your MO
!