A plea for help! the A7V...

G

hi, me and 2 other from madonion have this problem with the A7V mobo and 3d games. plz read.

User 1:

I have an Athlon 1.3ghz, 256 sdram, asus a7v mb, radeon 64 vivo and no matter what in any games i run, there is this choppiness when turning and going sideways, all other 3d accelleration is stunningly perfect. I've tried replacing every single part in the system including the mouse, yet this is still here. Is this the extent of what 3d gaming in the 21st century is capable of?

From Me:

Hi, i got a A7V as well, except mine is a 133-C. I got the same problem as you, its not tearing but a sort of texture jerk which really sux. it worsens for me in 1024x768 and higher resolutions, but its still there a tiny bit in 800 and 640. my overall framerates are very high btw. all of the things people mentioned are no good. i believe this has something to do with the motherboard, via/asus really fuucked up something there with the agp or whatever somehow. ive tried everything under the sun to fix this and absolutely nothing works, whatever this is, its pretty damn low level in the hardware. could possibly be shitty via 4in1 drivers for this particular via chipset. i used to run a cerleron 450 with my geforce and things where fine, now with this new mobo and athlon 1200c, this crap comes along. i notice is mostly in first person shooters, and under diffent 3d games/engines like UT, NOLF, Mech4, Deus Ex. For me i get it with floors mainly, as you run around a map, the floor textures should move past you smoothly but they stutter as they go unneath your gun. such a shame. im actually considering getting a new mobo, maybe a ddr mobo cause i notice we both using sdram as well. hmmm...i been in the 3d card/tweaking business a while now, and ive exhaustively tried to get rid of this annoying thing, but to no avail. theres something very wrong here. :(

We have both tried alot of things to fix this, alot of things. :p Like playing with bios setings, flashing bios of mobo and 3d card, vertical refresh rates, vsync, agp transfer rates, aparture sizes, diffrent nidia ref drivers, directx and direct draw rates and drivers, 3d tweaking software like nvmax, played with the standard nvidia options, underclocking, swapping mem and hardware around, win cache sizes, via 4in 1 driver options (using absolute latest v4.32), playing with differnt resolutions, colour depths, graphic engines, on and on and on...

any suggestions, Tom you there? anyone? :)

Athlon 1350C/FSB135*10
Asus A7V133-C MOBO
256MB PC133 RAM
Asus 32MB Geforce 256 DDR

G

I am very happy I saw this post I to have the same problem. Here is my post so you can see what my problems are. I would very much like to talk further about our problems. This is my post.

my asus a7v

I have an asus a7v with a 900 thunderbird, 256mb of ram, geforce mx video card, and 45gb hard drive. It worked fine when I got it then after a few months I couldn't view jpeg's, listen to mp3's, or play games. The pictures were all pixely and funky i got errors and sometimes it quit internet explorer. When I listen to mp3's it sounds like a bird is chirping and when i try to play games it is all jerkey and slow and wierd. I have changed OS's, and downloaded the latest drivers. The motherboard comes with 4 in 1 drivers I have installed them before, in the middle, and after my other drivers. I still have the same problem. If I hook my hard drive up to another computer and play the same mp3's ont the same sound card everything works fine. I even put an ATI video card in it and that didn't help. I returned my motherboard and asus calimed they exchanged it but I still have the same problems. The reason I don't think they replaced it is when I sent it in it had the newest BIOS drivers and my "new" one came back with the same BIOS. Plus the serial number is on a sticker they could have chaned that easily. I need help I'm going crazy. I'm trying to find someone with the same MB so I can see if it is the problem. Any ideas would help.

G

What chipset? Well im running the VIA Apollo KT133A chipset. Mobo is a Asus A7V133-C

OS is Win98, release 1. ive tried flashing my mobo bios, and my asus geforce as well to latest. got directx8/det 12.90. ive tried other ref. drivers too. Never had this stutter in games when i had my celeron450/BX chipset so something very wrong with this Asus VIA mobo.

im bit a techie as well and i know something very wrong here.

G

My problem started with 98se then I switched to another version of 98 and now i'm running 2k. I have the VIA KT133 chipset. I also know abit about computers. Witchboy we need to talk this is pissing me off.

Flyboy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I put a system together with the A7V133 and 32Mb GeForce V7700 and didn't see anything like what your talking about. Of course, the only 3D game I tried on that computer was Urban Operations. Seems to me that if you guys tried everything you said, then you probably have a defective motherboard. I would try to get it replaced before the warranty is up if possible. And if we're wrong (that the mobo is ok) then at least we've eliminated that possibility. Give a full hardware&software list, I'd like to compare.

Catheter and Caffeine IV are in place. Let's PLAY.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Try these two tips (from www.Geforcefaq.com)

"<b>Games stutter. . . How can I fix it?. . .</b>

"Go into the System Control Panel, click on Device Manager, and find your CD/DVD-ROM drive(s) and hard drive(s). Go into each one, click on Settings and tick DMA. This enables UltraDMA.

"Make a permenant swap file of 150MB. In the System Control Panel, click on Performance and select Virtual Memory. Select 'Let me select my own virtual memory settings', select the hard drive that you want the swapfile on (the fastest drive) and type 150 in both boxes. Click OK, ignore the warning and restart."

G

My computer is an Asus A7vI with the VIA KT133 chipset and a 900 Thunderbird, 256mb of Micron ram, 45gb IBM hard drive, DVD and CD-RW, Linksys NIC, Soundblaster Live soundcard, and prophet dual MX with 32mb of sdram. I Had the problem running 98se then I moved to 2k. I have minimal programs and have loaded the 4in1 drivers before, in the middle, after my other drivers and not at all. Have andy of you also had the problems with listening to mp3's and viewing Jpeg's?