niko

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
can anyone help!! keep getting bsod say machine check ex*****.on startup .when system does boot up runs fine .ran mem test no probs ran prime95 for 24hours no probs. i think its software prob but can't find any probs any ideas my system is-3500 winny,asus sli deluxe mobo,balistics pc4000(1gb), x2 xfx6600gt's,deskstars 160gb x2 run in mirroring rade. thanks nik

G

This is just a shot in the dark, but, it sounds like your power supply is either under powered or it's heading south. But, I don't know anything about your PSU. Obviously, if your trying to run an SLI rig on a 300w PSU you'll have some problems.

niko

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
thanks for your reply, but i,m running a new tagan480w so i don't think thats the prob.someone said maybe ram setting ? what do you think

Dragosani

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
I am under the impression from the ads & reviews in MaximumPC & elsewhere that 480 may be insufficient for SLI set-ups. Mind you it may just be 'marketing' and such, but 510 seems to be the optimal minimum. Then again, I'm not a g33k, just a gamer

If I only knew an 1/8th of what I think I know

riser

Illustrious
Work on your writing skills fella.. even if you're foreign, toss in some spaces or something.

Just because a power supply says it's up to 480.. that doesn't mean much. You want to go well over regardless. Most power supplies don't touch what they say they do. I run an antec 510 or something in my PC and I don't have anything near what a lot of people do.
Why? Because I don't want the weird problems of a weak power supply and should I need the power, I know it'll be there.