3) RAM: 256 KINGSTON DDR
4) GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS 7100 GEFORCE2 MX-400
5) HARDDISK: QUANTUM AS 30GB 7200RPM
6) CDWRITER: PLEXTOR 12X10X32
7) CDROM: 16X PIONEER DVD ROM
8) FLOPPY DISK DRIVE.
9) MONITOR: SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 753DF
10) CREATIVE FPS2000 DIGITAL SPEAKERS

I haven't tried it out because the A7M266 Mobo ran out of stock. But due to carelessness, I have bought a ATX casing with 250W power supply.

Please tell me if I should test out the system after I have bought everything or should I get a 300W power supply? Of course there will be some problem when customers want to return sold goods so if the 250W works, I'll stick to it.

Also, inside the casing there is some space for a fan.
Is that extra fan necessary?

Thanks in advance of any advice.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shuiwu on 08/05/01 11:27 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

250w is barely capable of running all that and could de-stabalize your system. Suggest you go for at least 300w and if money permits go higher because no doubt a few HDD changes, cpu change maybe and more case fans added in the future will increase that load considerably. Then if you overclock..mmmm
Ihave just ordered the Enermax430w PSU, plenty for now...

Just my opinion... :wink:

Crank it up... way up!! I need that power.

marty10g

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
I aggree with Scotty, need at least 300Watt have also got the Enermax 430 Watt.
You will need 2 fans in there 1 sucking in the front and 1 blowing out at the back. Best of luck

INTELigence is gained by obtaining aMD

G

I am going to spend my dollar on the 300W power supply and the fan.
Thanks a lot scotty and marty for your advice.

G

Speaking from experience with your setup. 250W is not enough and will cause instability.

Yee Freakin' Haw

G

I second and third the 430 watt supply. I use the Sparkle 400 watt supply because it has higher than average combined wattage for the 3.3 and 5 volt rails (235 watts). This critical detail is often overlooked when comparing different power supplies by wattage only. You will only spend a little more, but you will save yourself many mysterious problems later on that are often blamed on software or hardware!

Can't we all just overclock?

Boondock_Saint

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2001
Well, my personal opinion on this is to go with something big, but not too big, like the 430 already mentioned. Not much more than a less powerful PSU, but in the long run it is better. Use it in a new system, or upgrade and you need a more powerful one.

G

Interesting point, but thats how they sell them. I am interested in one thing, that is someone mentioned to me a while back about the 5v rail and enermax with an epox 8k7a board, any thoughts?

Crank it up... way up!! I need that power.