Motherboard Kit

G

I have just installed a Chaintech CT-7AIA mainboard with AMD Duron 800MHz CPU. The PC does boots without any problems but I get a fatal exception at 0E, the monitor shuts down after a short while (5 mins?) and on afew occasions there are continous bleeps, to shut down I have to switch off the power . To complicate things the CD-ROM is not always being recognised in Windows (98 2nd edit)
Some error messages have mentioned timing, XMS cache problems and most recently BIOS ROM checksum error.
I have a 300 power supply and 320 DIMMS 133.
Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Reb on 08/06/01 04:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Check the device manager under system. Look for any conflicts (yellow or red exclamation marks). Remove any devices with these marks beside them and your display adapter (video card driver). Then, if you have not installed all the motherboard drivers, remove several system devices and before rebooting, install all the motherboard drivers including the via 4 in 1. Then try re-booting, and let windows re-configure your system and re-install any devices.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
What kind of RAM you running?

Also, have you removed all but the essentail hardware and tried running it that way?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>