Sign in with
Your question

When clicking install, the game will not install.

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2011 8:36:54 PM

I just bought a computer that has windows 7 on it. When trying to install a game, it asks ' do you want to allow this program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?' I click yes, and nothing happens. I do not know what to do, and cannot find anything on the internet. Please help.
August 27, 2011 8:41:41 PM

hey im not overly sure if this is your problem but check processes. after an update any thing i installed would sit there as a process doing nothing. is this computer like brand new or refurbished?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 27, 2011 8:46:02 PM

turn uac off

its useless it dosnt stop viruses and stops programs and things working as long as you have an antivirus its fine

right click on the setup.exe file on the dvd and compatablity and tick, run as administrator click on apply then double click the file (left click) to run it

it should run fine but turn uac off (user account controll)
m
l
Related resources
August 27, 2011 9:11:40 PM

holykalo said:
hey im not overly sure if this is your problem but check processes. after an update any thing i installed would sit there as a process doing nothing. is this computer like brand new or refurbished?

---> Its brand new. We've had it about a month, but i've never tried to install my old games until now.
m
l
August 27, 2011 9:15:07 PM

shanky887614 said:
turn uac off

its useless it dosnt stop viruses and stops programs and things working as long as you have an antivirus its fine

right click on the setup.exe file on the dvd and compatablity and tick, run as administrator click on apply then double click the file (left click) to run it

----> Will do. Thank you. :) 
m
l
August 27, 2011 9:21:53 PM

shanky887614 said:
turn uac off

----> Where is setup exe? When i put the disk in, it pops up install. Should I be going somewhere on the computer and typing this? What is compatability and tick?
m
l
!