Sign in with
Your question

Need gaming computer advise

Last response: in Video Games
August 27, 2011 9:49:58 PM

Hello,
i am looking to buy a gaming pc and people have told me that 400 dollars will be enough to cover it. well, i have the money but have no idea what i want? can anyone help me?

More about : gaming computer advise

August 27, 2011 11:31:52 PM

Are you completely clueless or do you have a fair idea about computer parts?

Anyways i would get a processor from the intel i series , a motherboard with socket lga 1155 and 2 or more PCI x16 slots(if using crossfire/SLI) A psu with at least 550w and a decent graphics card (radeon 5670 is mid range)Make sure you pick up some thermal paste too and find out if your case is atx or micro atx.micro atx motherboards have 4 pci slots while atx motherboards have 7.and im assumming you have a dvd drive.Note this is not a extreme gaming build as i went by how much "people" said it would cost.
m
l
Related resources
August 28, 2011 10:15:11 PM

You can never cover a gaming PC :) 

There's always something else/better to buy; always an upgrade to be found somewhere.

$400 will get you a lowish quality gaming rig.

Gman's build is a good one :) 

Good luck with your build!

-Nih
m
l
October 9, 2011 11:38:04 AM

you could cut some corners in the above build by getting a cheaper case and as long as a PSU's wattage does not exceed 450W you can get away with a cheap one for $20.

m
l
October 11, 2011 9:31:55 PM

gravity dragon said:
Hello,
i am looking to buy a gaming pc and people have told me that 400 dollars will be enough to cover it. well, i have the money but have no idea what i want? can anyone help me?

I just built myself a gaming computer last weekend aiming for a $600-$700 Budget and man he he i got a bit over excited when i saw all the parts in place! I went to china town to get cheap parts but even with that you can still spend to much!

I ended up spending 1100 on all of it, But this was including a Monitor, Keyboard and mouse. My only advice is to maybe save up another $200 and get a $600 build so you can get that little bit more out of your dollar and not have to complain about how your computer suffers with games because i mean $400 is the low budget for a computer build. Don't let me put you off though if that's all you can do for now that's fine as when you build your own computer you can always upgrade in the future :) 

I assume that the $400 budget is not including a keyboard mouse and monitor?
m
l
!