Your question

Could I run Crysis?

Last response: in Video Games
August 28, 2011 6:19:51 AM

Well, Topic says it all.
EVGA GTS450 1GB RAM
3512 Mb RAM
(And here's the tricky part) Single-core Intel Pentium 4; Clocked at 2.993 GHz

Edit: The reason I ask, is because I've had odd experiences with games on this set-up, like, I play Oblivion on 'Very High' in 1600x900, with minor FPS lag (about 20-30 FPS) BUT, I can BARELY play GTAIV (Render distance is super-low, textures are low, EVERYTHING is low/off) I get about 10-15 FPS on that. I can play L4D2 on High, fps around 20-40 (20 fps during Hordes, of course). But I've heard Crysis goes above and beyond in graphics.

More about : run crysis

August 28, 2011 6:36:54 AM

Your GPU is bottlenecking the CPU.
Well, you will definitely be able to run the game but not like it's supposed to run.
You may well try the demo for Crysis before buying the original copy.
Your main problem is your CPU. I suggest you upgrade it to at least a dual core like the i3 2100 which is a real bang for the buck dual core CPU. Or you should buy a quad core CPU. The Phenom II X 4 CPUs are cheap and they're really good. I'd recommend a 955 BE.
m
l
August 28, 2011 6:42:59 AM

Gman450 said:
Your GPU is bottlenecking the CPU.
Well, you will definitely be able to run the game but not like it's supposed to run.
Your main problem is your CPU. I suggest you upgrade it to at least a dual core like the i3 2100 which is a real bang for the buck dual core CPU. Or you should buy a quad core CPU. The Phenom II X 4 CPUs are cheap and they're really good. I'd recommend a 955 BE.

I think you mean my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU... ':p 
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.
Hm... good point.
Yeah, I'm saving up a good 1,500 to make a like... super-gaming build. (Going with the i5 3.3GHz 2500k Sandybridge)
I miiiight do a simple CPU upgrade, like you said, to a dual-core, but eh, I might just wait....
m
l
Related resources
August 28, 2011 7:05:22 AM

I always get mixed up with the bottlenecking parts ! :na: 
True.
Just save up the money and buy a better rig next time. :) 
m
l
August 28, 2011 7:17:29 AM

Gman450 said:
I always get mixed up with the bottlenecking parts ! :na: 
True.
Just save up the money and buy a better rig next time. :) 

Happens to the best of us. :p 

"buy a better gaming rig next time" Lol, I got this in 2004, with no graphics card, and 512 Mb ram. Just never bothered to upgrade my CPU
m
l
August 28, 2011 4:34:09 PM

Gman450 said:
Your CPU is bottlenecking the GPU.

+1
m
l
August 30, 2011 2:33:49 AM

if you can put a cheap core 2 duo in the motherboard for now, i would do that. you dont need more than a core 2 duo for crysis.
m
l
!