Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First build - will it run Skyrim, Witcher 2, and BF3

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 28, 2011 4:08:56 PM

I just recently completed my first custom build with components totaling around 800 USD and so far it's performed well beyond my expectations and needs since I mostly play games from 2004-2007. However, I did construct it with Skyrim and BF3 in mind and I was wondering if it would be able to max these games out. I am not a hardcore visuals guy so I am completely willing to drop AAx16 down to x4 or any other extraneous settings average people wouldn't notice if it'll squeeze out the extra FPS.

CPU: I5-2500k OC'd to 4.0GHZ
GPU: EVGA GTX 460 1GB SLI (factory OC'd)
RAM: 4 GB (I'll be adding 4 more GB before these two games are released however)
SSD: 120 GB (I'll be loading games from here)

I'm sorry if the answer turns out to be a "common sense" sort of thing. The reason I ask is my previous computer performed well on games like Bulletstorm, Dead Rising 2, and other recent titles yet always took a massive hit when running Oblivion however, leading me to think Skyrim might be poorly optimized as well. All signs say otherwise however as they seem to have abandoned Gamebryo.
August 28, 2011 4:32:24 PM

there are plenty of these threads already, and you can do some research for minimum and recommended specs on these games instead of showing off how much money you spent on your rig.
m
0
l
August 28, 2011 4:42:43 PM

FlintIronStagg said:
there are plenty of these threads already, and you can do some research for minimum and recommended specs on these games instead of showing off how much money you spent on your rig.

... that wasn't my intention at all. And from what I understand my rig isn't that impressive seeing as I've spotted tons of threads with people asking for suggestions on their 3K USD build. I'm just trying to get an answer without having to sift through a ton of threads but I guess if that's what I gotta do so be it
m
0
l
Related resources
August 28, 2011 6:37:51 PM

You gotta love it when people post things like:

"Will my rig max out BF3?!

My Specs:
Intel i7 990X @ 5Ghz
GTX 580 OC
16GB of RAM"

Anyways, I'm sure you rig will be able to play a high settings, not too sure about MAX though.
m
0
l
August 28, 2011 6:46:47 PM

denter you shoudlnt have even botherd asking,

your pc is so much faster than most people's computer's that it should be able to max out most games

some you can max out but wont be playable without an ssd, but this is generally becasue they are very badly coded
m
0
l
August 28, 2011 7:02:53 PM

shanky887614 said:
denter you shoudlnt have even botherd asking,

your pc is so much faster than most people's computer's that it should be able to max out most games

some you can max out but wont be playable without an ssd, but this is generally becasue they are very badly coded

Thanks, I truly hadn't realized that. If you go back through my posts you'll see that i'm completely new to working with computers and when I posted my possible rig it was considered a low end build cause of the tight budget, so I assumed as much. I can see why you guys would be hostile when people want to just show off their extra cash but I'm seriously just looking for answer cause like i said 90% of the games i played were released some 4-6 years ago.
m
0
l
August 28, 2011 7:06:25 PM

Denter said:
Thanks, I truly hadn't realized that. If you go back through my posts you'll see that i'm completely new to working with computers and when I posted my possible rig it was considered a low end build cause of the tight budget, so I assumed as much. I can see why you guys would be hostile when people want to just show off their extra cash but I'm seriously just looking for answer cause like i said 90% of the games i played were released some 4-6 years ago.

Hostile isn't the term I was thinking of, more of frustrated and tired of the " will my rig run..." threads. Browse the threads, there are more than 10 on the first 2 pages alone on " will my rig run...". I was merely suggesting that you take advantage of the resources on this site instead of clouting the threads with yet another thread that could have been researched in your own time.
m
0
l
!