Help with athlon 1.4 motherboard

G

Can someone give me an idea of what to look in the motherboard when buying one and can some of you also suggest which one to buy? And the case for it, or sites where to get a case? thanks anyone who will provide any help.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Might as well browse through this forum's posts for the last few months, or do a search. Then come back with more specific questions.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

If you want to check out the features of any motherboard, I suggest you download the motherboard manual for the model you are interested in. Abit, Asus, Epox, etc. all have websites with plenty of specs listed. What do you want to spend? Prices range from about $70-$200. Pricewatch has them in categories for different chipsets. For example, the chipset for the pentium 4 is the 850.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
If your looking for an SD-RAM based motherboard, you can't do better than the Iwill KK266 PLUS. It has onboard 5.1 surround sound...it has great performance, great overclocking, and very stable, even with high FSB.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>