HP 7550A manual or help wanted

Hello!

I am looking for an operation manual (or a programming manual) for the
HP7550A plotter. Where can I download one (preferrably in pdf format),
or can anyone send it to me by email?

I want to hook up this ancient piece of hardware to my scope via
IEEE-488 and need to know how to set this device to listen only mode
and how to select the correct input (the plotter has IEEE-488, RS-232
and parallel port).

Thanks in advance!

CU Peter

Hello!

> HP-IB address 31 is the listen always setting. This may be indicated on
> the control panel as Listen Only under the HP-IB address setting.

Yes! GREAT, it seems to work now! The plotter now complains about an
unrecognized command but starts plotting anyway, and the plot seems to
be ok.

> I have a manual somewhere around here. If you have specific questions,
> just ask.

I am wondering about the pressure force used for the pens. I use the
original HP plotter pens with 0.7 mm diameter, order number 17832P
(blue) or 17826P (black). Is there an optimum setting for these pens?

CU Peter

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Peter,

HP-IB address 31 is the listen always setting. This may be indicated on
the control panel as Listen Only under the HP-IB address setting.

The interface would be selected from the control panel. However, I think
the plotter is listening on all interfaces. You just need to set the
HP-IB address.

I have a manual somewhere around here. If you have specific questions,
just ask.

Later,

craigm

Peter Weiss wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am looking for an operation manual (or a programming manual) for the
> HP7550A plotter. Where can I download one (preferrably in pdf format),
> or can anyone send it to me by email?
>
> I want to hook up this ancient piece of hardware to my scope via
> IEEE-488 and need to know how to set this device to listen only mode
> and how to select the correct input (the plotter has IEEE-488, RS-232
> and parallel port).
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> CU Peter

craigm

Distinguished
May 12, 2004

Peter Weiss wrote:

> Hello!

..
..
..

> I am wondering about the pressure force used for the pens. I use the
> original HP plotter pens with 0.7 mm diameter, order number 17832P
> (blue) or 17826P (black). Is there an optimum setting for these pens?
>

> CU Peter

The force setting is determined from the carousel type. Use a carousel
for the type of pens you have.

In other words, if these are the short felt tip pens, use a paper pen
carousel.

The force can be manually set using the speed and force settings on the
display. Force "2" is for paper pens, "1" for drafting and "6" for
rollerball. This can be set once for ALL pens or for each pen individually.

Note: a power cycle, plotter init command or carousel change will revert
all setting to match the carousel.

craigm