First person shooter games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayaznoor

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
hi.. i would like to some first person shooter games, apart from the best i have played CODs, that will run successfully in a medium configuration pc, no high graphic games please. preferably 2009 or earlier releases should play on my pc.

thanks

Th_Redman

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Yes, Half-Life 2, like "namelessonez" suggests...and how about Sniper:Ghost Warrior? Loved playing that and it's predecessor Sniper Elite. Am currently trying out Brink. Pretty good game so far.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

No - actually, that's what I did. I played CoP before I got around to SoC. Both are fantastic games. I didn't really care for Clear Sky as much - so I would play that last.

Whatever you buy first, download the "STALKER Complete Mod" for whichever game you get....it's available for all three games now. Trust me on this one - it makes everything better......graphics, sound, AI...everything.

G

Thanks, yeah I came across the Complete mod and watched some demos. Absolutely amazing. I'm definitely going to play SoC.

What is your PC configuration ?[/quote

To be built in the next couple of weeks (waiting for packages to arrive)

i5 2500K (will OC to ~4.5ghz)
ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
8gb 1600 DDR3
Pair of EVGA GTS 450 1GB (SLI)
Crucial M4 128gb SSD

I alternate between being excited about SLI with these cards and wishing I'd gone with a single more powerful card, but my budget just isn't there. The mobo supports Ivy Bridge and PCIE 3.0 so I can look forward to upgrading the CPU and GPU(s) at a later date, maybe at a time when dual x16 actually makes a difference over dual x8.

ayaznoor

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
well my system config is:

intel core2duo 2.80 GHz
2 GB RAM
Intel G41 express chipset card

and thats about it. but interestingly i have successfully played games that require a 6600 GT or similar and/or 128 MB video RAM, like COD 4 MW, MW 2. Crysis Warhead (though it played with glitches) and NFS MW runs like a charm.

so i am looking for some more games, that i can run now, till i eventually buy a graphics card in a month time or so.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.