Closed

First person shooter games

hi.. i would like to some first person shooter games, apart from the best i have played CODs, that will run successfully in a medium configuration pc, no high graphic games please. preferably 2009 or earlier releases should play on my pc.

thanks
17 answers Last reply
More about first person shooter games
  1. Bioshock
    Mirrors Edge
    Stalker, Clear Sky and Call of the Pripyat.
  2. Half-Life 2, plus the episodes (Episode 1 and 2)
  3. borderlands,
  4. Doom 3
  5. Yes, Half-Life 2, like "namelessonez" suggests...and how about Sniper:Ghost Warrior? Loved playing that and it's predecessor Sniper Elite. Am currently trying out Brink. Pretty good game so far.
  6. Prey
  7. FEAR all day long.

Far Cry

maybe even Deus Ex
  8. Ananan said:
    FEAR all day long.

Far Cry

maybe even Deus Ex

FEAR, definitely. The first installment only though. It was the best, my opinion.
  9. Would I be selling myself short to start STALKER Call of the Pripyat without playing the first two games?
  10. Anonymous said:
    Would I be selling myself short to start STALKER Call of the Pripyat without playing the first two games?

No - actually, that's what I did. I played CoP before I got around to SoC. Both are fantastic games. I didn't really care for Clear Sky as much - so I would play that last.

Whatever you buy first, download the "STALKER Complete Mod" for whichever game you get....it's available for all three games now. Trust me on this one - it makes everything better......graphics, sound, AI...everything.
  11. Just check the site.
    http://asia.gamespot.com/games.html?category=First-Person+Shooters&platform=5

NOTE: Some and most of the games listed are of 2011s like BF3.
    What is your PC configuration ?
  12. Stringjam said:
    Whatever you buy first, download the "STALKER Complete Mod" for whichever game you get....it's available for all three games now. Trust me on this one - it makes everything better......graphics, sound, AI...everything.

Thanks, yeah I came across the Complete mod and watched some demos. Absolutely amazing. I'm definitely going to play SoC.

What is your PC configuration ?[/quote

To be built in the next couple of weeks (waiting for packages to arrive)

i5 2500K (will OC to ~4.5ghz)
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    8gb 1600 DDR3
    Pair of EVGA GTS 450 1GB (SLI)
    Crucial M4 128gb SSD

I alternate between being excited about SLI with these cards and wishing I'd gone with a single more powerful card, but my budget just isn't there. The mobo supports Ivy Bridge and PCIE 3.0 so I can look forward to upgrading the CPU and GPU(s) at a later date, maybe at a time when dual x16 actually makes a difference over dual x8.
  13. I was actually asking that to the OP..
  14. Sorry didn't mean to hijack
  15. well my system config is:

intel core2duo 2.80 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    Intel G41 express chipset card

and thats about it. but interestingly i have successfully played games that require a 6600 GT or similar and/or 128 MB video RAM, like COD 4 MW, MW 2. Crysis Warhead (though it played with glitches) and NFS MW runs like a charm.

so i am looking for some more games, that i can run now, till i eventually buy a graphics card in a month time or so.

thanks
  16. Your welcome.
    You'll enjoy games much better with a discrete GPU. :)
  17. Robox Invasion,

It works even on Netbook computers, especially if you turn the Bloom effect off.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Configuration Games Video Games