**** Windows Xp Vs Windows 7 for gaming? ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Okay so which Windows would get me more FPS with my gaming system here are the specs.

2gb ddr2 667mhz ram
radeon 4670 1gb
pentium d 805 @ 2.66ghz

SO which OS would be better for gaming giving me more FPS? i dont care about direct 11 or 10. i just want to know which gives more FpS. thank you :)

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Win 7 will be a bit better. Win 7 releases RAM to games when they desperately need it, so generally you'll see a little improvement over Win XP with Win 7.

SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Really even with a kinda slow proocessor and only 2gb ram. and the fact that xp has uses less resources ???

so are you saying if i switched to windows 7 (which i have a spare copy) then in batman arkham asylum of assasians creed brotherhood or pes 2012 i would see a BETTER framerate on windows 7 ???

Toxxyc

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Possibly, but this is all dependant on your GPU. I would recommend updating all software once you get Win 7 (which is easy, BTW) and to attempt a slight overclock on your graphics card. Your RAM isn't going to gain from overclocking, the CPU isn't strong enough, but a little bump on the CPU and graphics card itself isn't going to hurt now is it?

SuareZ

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
i get vpu recover errors on my graphics card and that is why when i am gaming i have to underclock my gpu depending on what game the core clock may have to be underclocked by 50-100mhz.

so i cant overclock my graphics card and btw it is powercolour.

and i dont know how to overclock my proccesor but if u could help me then i would like to :)
atm according to speedfan

dle temp according to speedfan:
Temp 1: 38C
Temp 2: 42C
Temp 3: -128C
HDD : 39C

ingame MW2: (MAX TEMPS when i was playing in windowed mode and maximising spedfan to check results)
Temp 1: 41
Temp 2: 55C
Temp 3: -128C
Hdd: Dunno forgot

and i have stock cooling so i dont know whether i can overclock it or not ??

anyway so if i dont overclock anything, will i get a performance decrease if i upgrade to windows 7 because if games are mostly gpu dependant and windows 7 is gpu dependant then wont it slow it down :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.