What games are you playing?

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
Games I'm currently playing include:
Quest for Glory 5 (yep still workin on it)
Grim Fandango (best buy, $2, prob best deal ever for this game)
WC3 (dont care what they say, i think it rules)
HOMM4
Majesty w/expansion (an underdog, the way i likem)
and I plan Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction with my girlfriend late at night.. its easy for her and its really fun. Though I sometimes take it a little to seriously. :)

Does anyone here enjoy playing HOMM? I have been playing the series loyally since HOMM1 was released. I remember when PC Gamer had a review on Hammer of the Gods that intrigued me, and then I got into this style of game when HOMM was released. I read in the latest PC Gamer that Age of Wonders is better than HOMM but it would take alot to pull me away, over the years I've become pretty attached to the colorful atmosphere and gameplay.

I'd be interested in Age of Wonder opinions.

Oh and I tried Rise of Nations, very fun game but not something I'd pick up.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

Starion15

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2003
*wonders what HOMM is*

Well, I still play CS a lot, a little Starcraft now and then. I've enjoyed Rise Of Nations quite a bit so far. Umm, Enter The Matrix, GTA Vice City, UT2k3, and Scorched Earth 3D :D

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
homm=heroes of might and magic, a turn based stategy game with a medieval fantasy setting.. its a classic series like warcraft

i agree on rise of nations, very good game.. i have ut2k3 but plays much to like quake3

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is one of the best games of all time imo. So much replayability.

I find myself playing Morrowind and UT2k3 more often than not. Although there were a few excellent mods just released for DungeonSiege.

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Doesn't anybody have gamer-ADD like me? All this talk about mmorpg this, and strategy game that. A little Everquest here, some HHOM there. All I gotta say is: BOOORRRRING!

Aren't there any PC gamers that JUST like the more simple games. You know, Serious Sam, Unreal 2, Medal of Honor, Tiger Woods, Colin McRae. I'm talkin' FPS, sports games, 3rd person, and let's not forget RPG's. NOT the online ones. RPG's are the only genre that is engrossing without being boring as balls.

Gamer-ADD rules!

--

"<i>I'm seriously you guys.</i>" - Cartman

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
MMO's arent for everyone, that's for sure. But you dont like RTS games? Not even a little bit? Cmon now, I know you love Starcraft at least, right? You can tell me.

PS. Unreal 2? Bleck. Pretty to look at, done in a day. I'd rather play through Half-Life for the 1 millionth time. =)

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
actually that one was my least favorite.. the first had a graphical touch that is pretty classic, the 2nd was great and the 3rd i felt was more of the same.

you really should try 4, i think its the best one yet.
i used to play the prequil to morrowind, daggerfall forever and ever... i never invested much time into morrowind.

dungeonsiege is great but i had a burnt copy and it crashed in the caves everytime :)
dont worry the rest of my games are LEGAL!

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
I have HOMM4, I couldnt really get into it. The lack of randomly generated maps really threw me off. So I never bothered to pick up any of the expansion packs.

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm playing Freelancer and Americas Army currently, lately

I like to kill things. So serious sam, any tom clancy game, medal of honor, tribes, etc...all good.

As for racing games....colin mcrae

As for massive mutlip watchmacallit....never done it. Evercrack sounds like fun to a point, but I'm not about to commit that much time to a game. Star Wars Galaxies or whatever it is called sounds cool but I don't think my computer can handle it.

RPG...Neverwinter Nights.

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=389&s=1fee5dab901bebe29da7aa1c2658fc6f" target="_new"><font color=red>dhlucke's system</font color=red></A>

<font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> <font color=red>BLESS</font color=red> <font color=blue>AMERICA</font color=blue>

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
PS. Unreal 2? Bleck. Pretty to look at, done in a day. I'd rather play through Half-Life for the 1 millionth time.
Keep in mind those were extremely generic games I was referencing. I also tend to be a sucker for pretty visuals. A great cure for my short attention span.

--

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I guess I didnt realize that it didnt have random generated maps. That isnt good. They mustve found it too difficult to implement.

The expansion packs never interested me either, I wonder what the multiplayer enhancements are for the one expansion though

JJStorm

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
I love HOMM, always have. Haven't really played it in a while though. I have "the gathering storm" expantion, a couple of maps, 4 new creature, doesn't really add alot to the game but at least it does fix a couple of bugs, and improves the graphics a bit. Also the Multiplayer addin was really welcome :)

Currently i play, Enter the matrix, Vietcong, Emperor.
Games i really wanna play again is Deus Ex, Indiana Jones emperor tome, AvP 2 and No one lives forever 2.

Does anyone know what the trick is to get past that helicopter scene in Enter the matrix at the airport?

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Before you do anything else, please click <A HREF="http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=3214" target="_new">here</A>.

The light cycle is so fun. Just think of the game Snake but Super Sized! Graphics are extremely clean. Stays true to the Tron Universe.

Both singleplayer and multiplayer light cycle levels are available on this demo. But multiplayer also has the jumping around on dissapearing platforms level which I didn't find too enjoying since I wasn't really aware of the controls and was too lazy to figure it out.

But multiplayer light cycle is extremely addictive. Even spectator mode is fun!

You guys should definately check this game out. Hopefully you've got broadband.

--

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
The multi was the main reason I was looking to pickup that expansion.

I'm so goofy I didnt even realize HOMM4 doesnt have random mapping.. but honestly I lost my magic touch with HOMM after 2, I suck big time at 3/4. So I still play the campaigns.

JJStorm

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
The biggest mistakes i made when i crossed over to 3 and 4 was mainly the changes in the monsters (You stick to old fav and only later realize they now suck big time), also you tend to choose battles you KNOW you can win. This was mainly becoz in older HOMM encounters the static armys was tough and had to be picked carefully. With the latest HOMM's you got to have a more of a go get em attitude, Speed is essential else your gonna get overwhelmed.

Ohh now i wanna play again ;)

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
i'll take your word for it :)
d/l'ing now...

ltj311

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
You won't be dissapointed.

I can say that with confidence because I was skeptical of this game before I played it. I actually wasn't that interested in the download except to see how the graphics looked.

But I saw the genius in the light cycle game immediately.

--

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
hmm i think i get what your saying. i did get overwhelmed playing homm3, seemed like they were coming out of everywhere. i admit im stuck in some old ways and its not winning me games. and ive always been to proud to move that difficulty switch to 'novice'. esp considering how good i was at homm1/2.. once i refamiliar with homm4 (so my turns don't take so long) i might private msg you for a game

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
If you like Grim Fandango, which is a great game. Try Sanitarium, one of the weirdest and engrossing adventure games I have ever played.

Pris

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

bandikoot

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
I just got the sapphire 9800pro so I played return to castle wolfenstein last week and just started soldier of fortune II this week. I'm a mass murderer already and the body count is only rising!

Stormfury

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2002
Playing Undying, Morrowind, and about to install Enter the Matrix. I have to say Undying is one badass game and Morrowind is pretty fun. I found myself struggling in the beginning but once you get your guy pumped up a little and gets a lot more fun. The glass armor is extremelly sweet looking when you wear it. Also the graphics at night are amazing. I just hate traveling everywhere. Is Enter the Matrix any good at all?? I've read review after review saying it is dumb and a waste of money. Also hows homm4 compared to homm3?

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
I am playing elite force 2, which rules and freelancer which is an awesome game, except for those stupid annoying blue nomad things. Freelancer finally brings up my respect for the space combat games, i just miss the whole cockpit and joystick thing sometimes.

A wise monkey never monkies with another monkey's monkey, unless another monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey before the wise monkey monkies with another monkey's monkey.