TheCh0s3n1

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005
As of now, x64 won't be available on the shelves. You'd have to order a copy, but won't be able to do so unless WinXP Pro came preinstalled on your machine (as mentioned above).

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by thech0s3n1 on 05/10/05 10:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

hooked

Distinguished
May 10, 2005
Didnt I see a picture from Japan of some guy holding it up. OEM ? yeah, its japan... but if they get it boxed ...

M

69.12.5.14:27015 Detachable CS

riser

Illustrious
China and Japan get all the good stuff before us...

Because all the CDs and DVDs are made over there.. I've read a few article on how ungodly high software piracy is over there but what is lost is easily made up in the American market. Since they make the CDs, they just take them and it's normal stuff.

I have a few friends who go to India often (they're originally from there) and they came back on the last trip with 200 copies of Office XP Pro (way before it came out), a bunch of DVDs of movies that had just hit the theaters. They bought each one for between $1-$5 from people who worked in the places that made the stuff.

No wonder they get it all before us... Then again, Mr. Gates himself wants to open up the doors to that Asian and India markets because they're good with Microsoft Technology. I wonder why.. he gives it away for free over there.. everyone is up-to-date with his software.

Hmm.. could be part of his stratedgy.. cheaper help from the software engineers over there because he gave them legit free software.......
They're a lot cheaper than an American software engineer.. that's a whole conspiracy in itself now....

sparky853

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Actually, there are several online retailers selling Windows XP Pro x64 Edition OEM...as long as you buy hardware with it. Most sites are suggesting a mouse for like $5.

I'd post links but I'm too lazy. :tongue:

Systems Running F@H:
AMD: [A64 3200+] [XP2800+ x2]
Intel: [P4 2.8 x4] [P4 2.0] [P4 1.8] [P4 1.7] [P4 1.6 x2] [P4 1.4M] [Xeon 1.0] [Cel 1.0] [P3 ??] [P3 500]

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
Are you really that concerned about others knowing where you are from? Or, do you just have a pension for making others work for what you COULD give them for free? :smile:

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green>

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
O I C
I don't want that to happen, though you still didn't really answer my question. I'll let it go though :wink:

<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green>

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
LOL,
Sorry guy, wasn't trying to get you to say something you didn't want to,,, I already figured that one out. Just wondering why all the riddles, that's all.