EQ2 Serverwide Chat Channels

As some of you might know, I'm all about the chat. Pretty much, the
chatter is the fun thing about an MMORPG for me. If I wanted perfect
silence in which to play I would be playing some single player game rather
than dealing with some of the inherent shortfalls of the gameplay in a
MMORPG. Thus, when EQL introduced serverwide chat channels, I was pretty
much in heaven (another venue to send mistells to! Alright!) In EQII I've
been just wandering around and trying to learn the basic game mechanics,
but one thing that strikes is how quite it seems to be. I _need_ some
serverwide action! And I think that I've learned enough of the basic
gameplay down to start fiddling with my chat controls.

So, is there an "official" serverwide chat channel for EQII? It was
suggested on other thread by Graeme that we use eq.serverwide.age:age, and
if that works (he says it does!) then I think this is a pretty logical
channel to use. If there is another, more established channel, though, I'd
rather use that one. So, does anyone have any thoughts on this? I put the
only channel I've heard in in my Monster Sig, but I can easily change this
if I am corrected.

And has anyone figured out a way for EQII folk to join the EQL
serverwide.age:age chat channel? /crosses fingers! Tell me and that will
go in my sig as well.

--
Annie

In EQII:

Tealeaf-- Ogre Priest on AB
Teacup -- Gnome Fighter on AB
Teafire -- Human Mage on AB

Serverwide AGE chat in EQII-- eq.serverwide.age:age

AGE EverQuest Live FAQ:
http://www.icynic.com/~don/EQ/age.faq.htm

Mirrored at:
http://webpages.charter.net/lenny13/age.faq.htm

http://www.derfy.net/agefaq.html

_______

If you can't figure out my email address, you're not supposed to write me.

"Annie Benson-Lennaman" <teapray@realpeopleonly.yahoo.com> wrote in message

> And has anyone figured out a way for EQII folk to join the EQL
> serverwide.age:age chat channel? /crosses fingers!

Not sure, Annie, but I know that I spent some time in EQ2 tonight talking to
my friends in EQLive using the syntax : /tell eq.firiona.charname, so that
much clearly is working.
--
Redbeard
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

Annie Benson-Lennaman <teapray@realpeopleonly.yahoo.com> wrote in

> As some of you might know, I'm all about the chat. Pretty much,
> the
> chatter is the fun thing about an MMORPG for me. If I wanted perfect
> silence in which to play I would be playing some single player game
> rather than dealing with some of the inherent shortfalls of the
> gameplay in a MMORPG. Thus, when EQL introduced serverwide chat
> channels, I was pretty much in heaven (another venue to send mistells
> to! Alright!) In EQII I've been just wandering around and trying to
> learn the basic game mechanics, but one thing that strikes is how
> quite it seems to be. I _need_ some serverwide action! And I think
> that I've learned enough of the basic gameplay down to start fiddling
> with my chat controls.
>
> So, is there an "official" serverwide chat channel for EQII? It
> was
> suggested on other thread by Graeme that we use eq.serverwide.age:age,
> and if that works (he says it does!) then I think this is a pretty
> logical channel to use. If there is another, more established
> channel, though, I'd rather use that one. So, does anyone have any
> thoughts on this? I put the only channel I've heard in in my Monster
> Sig, but I can easily change this if I am corrected.
>
> And has anyone figured out a way for EQII folk to join the EQL
> serverwide.age:age chat channel? /crosses fingers! Tell me and that
> will go in my sig as well.

I have eq.serverwide.age:age on autojoin in EQ2, and I have seen one or
two other folks in there sometimes. I have been too lazy to look up
commands, but have not found a way to see who is in a chat channel yet.
Oddly, it seems that you need the "eq." to make the serverwide channel
name be accepted, but, I have yet to find a way to communicate with
anyone on EQ from EQ2.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Bane of Evil>
Graeme, 15 Dwarven Shaman, 13 Scholar

On 22 Nov 2004 16:14:51 GMT, Graeme Faelban wrote:

> Annie Benson-Lennaman <teapray@realpeopleonly.yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>> As some of you might know, I'm all about the chat. Pretty much,
>> the
>> chatter is the fun thing about an MMORPG for me. If I wanted perfect
>> silence in which to play I would be playing some single player game
>> rather than dealing with some of the inherent shortfalls of the
>> gameplay in a MMORPG. Thus, when EQL introduced serverwide chat
>> channels, I was pretty much in heaven (another venue to send mistells
>> to! Alright!) In EQII I've been just wandering around and trying to
>> learn the basic game mechanics, but one thing that strikes is how
>> quite it seems to be. I _need_ some serverwide action! And I think
>> that I've learned enough of the basic gameplay down to start fiddling
>> with my chat controls.
>>
>> So, is there an "official" serverwide chat channel for EQII? It
>> was
>> suggested on other thread by Graeme that we use eq.serverwide.age:age,
>> and if that works (he says it does!) then I think this is a pretty
>> logical channel to use. If there is another, more established
>> channel, though, I'd rather use that one. So, does anyone have any
>> thoughts on this? I put the only channel I've heard in in my Monster
>> Sig, but I can easily change this if I am corrected.
>>
>> And has anyone figured out a way for EQII folk to join the EQL
>> serverwide.age:age chat channel? /crosses fingers! Tell me and that
>> will go in my sig as well.
>>

> I have eq.serverwide.age:age on autojoin in EQ2, and I have seen one or
> two other folks in there sometimes. I have been too lazy to look up
> commands, but have not found a way to see who is in a chat channel yet.
> Oddly, it seems that you need the "eq." to make the serverwide channel
> name be accepted, but, I have yet to find a way to communicate with
> anyone on EQ from EQ2.

Ah, so that's why it wouldn't let me join. I tried several times and
nothing happened. Joined Qeynos_rogues and Qeynos_auction and there seemed
to be limited chatter there. I'll try the other next time I'm on. Thanks
for the heads up.
--
RJB
11/22/2004 11:18:24 AM

"The fireman is very magical. Rub his helmut and he spits in your eye."
--Eric Cartman (South Park)

"RJB" <robartle@NOSPAM.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On 22 Nov 2004 16:14:51 GMT, Graeme Faelban wrote:
>
> > Annie Benson-Lennaman <teapray@realpeopleonly.yahoo.com> wrote in
> >

> >> And has anyone figured out a way for EQII folk to join the EQL
> >> serverwide.age:age chat channel? /crosses fingers! Tell me and that
> >> will go in my sig as well.
> >>

> > I have eq.serverwide.age:age on autojoin in EQ2, and I have seen one or
> > two other folks in there sometimes. I have been too lazy to look up
> > commands, but have not found a way to see who is in a chat channel yet.
> > Oddly, it seems that you need the "eq." to make the serverwide channel
> > name be accepted, but, I have yet to find a way to communicate with
> > anyone on EQ from EQ2.

You can send cross server tells easily enough, but I haven't yet found a way
to join an EQ channel. (actually I'm having problems getting the stupid
interface to join an EQ2 serverwide chat channel)

Really wish they had kept the chat commands from EQ1. They may have been a
bit clunky, but at least I knew them. (and the new ones aren't any less
clunky, just different.) I can't tell you how many times I've done /list and
gotten annoyed at seeing "Davian listens intently."

> Ah, so that's why it wouldn't let me join. I tried several times and
> nothing happened. Joined Qeynos_rogues and Qeynos_auction and there seemed
> to be limited chatter there. I'll try the other next time I'm on. Thanks
> for the heads up.

On Guk at least, Qeynos crafting is the only really active channel on the
"good" side. Traders is starting to get a bit of auctions, but no discussion.
The other public channels are all ghost towns.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Scout on Guk

Dearic - Dwarven Warlord on E'ci