Sign in with
Your question

Problems...Please Help !

Last response: in Windows XP
May 10, 2005 2:51:59 PM

Hello All,

I have some weird problems with my XP recently.

1. When click on User accounts, it gives me: " MS HTML application has encountered a problem and needs to close."

2. have to reinstall audio codecs everytime reboot the computer.

3. Once disabled the network, could not enable again without restart the computer.

Did:
- reinstall the NIC drivers, TCP/IP protocol still did not do any good.

-enabling all services, problems yet remain unsolved.

-used codes to reinstall the IE 6 in window registry editor was not help at all.

How do I repair those?

Any input would be appreciated.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by aabbcc on 05/10/05 10:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

More about : problems

May 10, 2005 5:59:27 PM

Sounds like you are haveing some severe problems.

First thing to try is ro re-install all the latest drivers for your components. If this doesn't help, probably the best thing to do is back up your data, then format and reinstall your OS.

Systems Running F@H:
AMD: [A64 3200+] [XP2800+ x2] [XP2400+]
Intel: [P4 2.8 x4] [P4 2.0] [P4 1.8] [P4 1.7] [P4 1.6 x2] [P4 1.4M] [Xeon 1.0] [Cel 1.0] [P3 ??]
May 11, 2005 2:02:13 AM

Agreed. Backup and reinstall the operating system may be the best thing to do in your case.

On the other hand, if you elect not to go that route, then I'd actually start off with an antivirus scan. Hopefully, the virus definitions and program updates are recent. If not, then I would set up the hard drive as a slave on another working computer with an up-to-date antivirus scanner to scan and clean any virus infections. If any are found and successfully cleaned/deleted, then many of your problems may actually go away.

Still, I'd recommend just starting over with a fresh install of Windows XP after backing up your files.
!