MS6380 LE (Apollo KT266)+Soundbl. Live!Platinum5.1

G

I just bought me a MS-6380 LE and I tried to install the Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1. The EAX intro sounds fine, but when Windows is fully 'loaded' all sound is messed up. You hear tickling 'pprrrrt'- kinda noise through the songs/wavs etc.

I know there is a problem with Via chipsets and Soundblaster Live! cards... The sad thing is that I also had problems with my IBM 30.1 GB harddisk in combination with the motherboard...they're almost solved.

What can I do? I think it's rediculous to buy me new stuff...on the Viahardware site they recommend this.

Thanks a lot for your support!

G

What nice advise of them there at VIA :/. I prefer sticking their chipset in their asses then because your card is more expensive then the mobo I think, and it's a very nice card which should work on any mobo. I rather change chipset then...

Sorry my friend, I can't help you on this either, cause I have the same problem. I only have the value version of the SBLive though. But I only wish this was the worst problem, because my USB mouse keeps crashing. And they know of this issue, but keep me waiting for a patch. That board causes alot of trouble. My next mobo won't be equipped with VIA, that's for sure...

------------------
Signatures suck :p

G

Thanx for your 'advise'! The weird thing is that the Platinum worked fine..untill I made 2 more partitions on my harddisk. Sometimes the world of computers is out of this world.

G

I have only 1 partition, but still the same problem. I have it since I use this new KT266 mobo...

------------------
Signatures suck :p

G

Do you know why 3D Mark2001 does play the sound right? Does it use a different kinda sound-format?

G

I ran into some nasty stuff on my A7M266 (Via 686B southbridge) with the SBlive! 5.1 platinum. Get this. After two months of no problems, I switched video cards to a Hercules Geforce 3 (used to have TNT2 Ultra). After that switch I ran into all kinds of hard drive corruption problems, especially when play games. I pounded my head on this for two weeks, tried all of the 4-in-1 patches, driver upgrades, bios upgrades, trading PCI slots, basically the works. I finally bailed and went out and purchased a Philips Acoustic Edge. All the problems disappeared instantly.

I really blame the problems I had on both Via and Creative labs. Both pieces of hardware work with other components, but they didn't dance together in my machine. I know the SBlive! is considered the "standard" these days and I used their products for over 10 years. I think I will go with other brands for the foreseeable future.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain