Sign in with
Your question

BAD COMPANY 2 CRASH

Last response: in Video Games
August 30, 2011 9:05:18 PM

Hello,
While playing bad company 2 my computer freezes up and the game crashes . Sometimes it resets , sometimes it allows me back to windows only to have my graphics messed up until i manually reset . this only happens in BC2.

More about : bad company crash

August 30, 2011 9:07:45 PM

sometimes when i get back to windows desktop, it seems like anything to do with flash or video is all black and glitchy until i reboot, then everything is fine, until i play bc2 and after a random amount of time, it does it again. Only in BC2, For Sure.
m
l
August 31, 2011 5:11:21 AM

What are your PC specs ?
The graphics getting all messed up may be due to overheating. Does any other game show the same type of problem ?
m
l
Related resources
August 31, 2011 1:17:25 PM

no other games do it.

My specs are
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit SP1
16 gb ddr3 2133 mhz ram
amd phenom II 965 cpu
ati radeon 4870 X2 2GB
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 mobo
1000 watt 6 rail psu 35 amps per rail

Running the game on STEAM
i have liquid cooling and four 240 mm fans over heating isn't my issue all temps are good, i even tried running all fans at 100% to test this.
m
l
August 31, 2011 1:19:35 PM

Did you try disabling CF ?
Have you got the latest version of your video card drivers ?
m
l
August 31, 2011 1:27:45 PM

tried new drivers and old drivers same problem, and i had the option to with my old 4850 x2 but not with the 4870 x2 i did read that disabling ati catalyst A.I. turned off xfire so i tried that, same problem.
m
l
August 31, 2011 1:34:53 PM

Are you sure it disabled xfire ?
Why not disable it through BIOS ?
Is the game patched to the latest version ?
m
l
August 31, 2011 1:38:44 PM

well i lost like 30 fps when i disabled ati A.I. so im not 100% sure but it did something
my bios has no option to disable xfire
and the game is fully updated
My 4870 x2 is a dual core video card not 2 cards in 2 slots, its 1 card with 1 slot two cores.
m
l
August 31, 2011 3:49:58 PM

Alright, so it's a dual GPU.
Have you tried re-installing the game ?
Did this problem happen before in this game, or is it the first time ?
m
l
August 31, 2011 3:59:16 PM

i have tried re installing the game, re installing windows, and it has been happening for the past 2 months but never before.
it started happening when i bought my new pc.
but
i ran Prime 95 for 48 hours straight No Errors
i ran memtest 86+ for 48 hours straight No Errors
i ran Fur mark GPU test for 48 hours straight No Errors
I Ran OCCT all test for 48 hours straight No Errors
monitored all voltages, ALL are Stable extremely small to No fluctuations "normal"

i will add, when i got my new pc, "mobo CPU RAM" "kept GPU PSU Ect. from old setup" i had my 4850 x2 and it started doing it so i tested a 9600 GT and it did do it as well, But the day i installed the 9600 GT i was playing and it freaked out. then Punk buster updated and it stopped doing it, with the 9600 GT so i RMA'd my 4850 X2 thinking it was shot, and as soon as i put the new 4870 X2 in it did it again. punk buster is still fully updated and it still is doing the problem.
m
l
September 6, 2011 7:05:24 PM

anyone? :( 
m
l
September 7, 2011 8:32:35 AM

Since no other game shows this issue, it could be a problem with the game copy. You said it's from steam right ?
Can you try another copy ?
Retail perhaps ?
m
l
September 7, 2011 1:19:35 PM

I have tried Steam, Retail, And Origin. all do it.
m
l
September 7, 2011 1:53:02 PM

Looks like BFBC2 has a issue with your PC.
I haven't got many ideas left.
I'll give you a few more suggestions.
m
l
September 7, 2011 3:57:44 PM

Thanks, I appreciate the help.
m
l
September 7, 2011 4:07:09 PM

Not sure if it will help. You can try and disable the onboard sound in the bios and test. It fixed my issue with the game locking up after I went from a 9800 GT to a 6950 2 GB.
m
l
September 7, 2011 4:15:21 PM

Looks like Olin9 has got a good suggestion.
Try and see if it works. :) 
m
l
September 7, 2011 4:31:32 PM

i have tried disabling the sound and lan in bios, and used a usb head set and different lan card. still does it :( 
m
l
September 10, 2011 5:04:29 PM

Lower the settings and resolution from default.
Maybe that can help. :) 
m
l
September 14, 2011 8:41:38 AM

Are there any background applications while running bc2? Punkbuster can cause conflicts with monitoring/oc utilities.
m
l
September 15, 2011 1:16:33 PM

Try these:

1. Disable any anti-virus you may be running in the background.
2. Before starting the game, go to the in-game display options and set it to 'windowed mode'. Try running the game in windowed mode for a while.

Really feel bad fer ya mate! Quite a sucky issue you're having there!
m
l
September 15, 2011 5:58:22 PM

well to update the situation, i noticed that when i ran "dxdaig" in start/run/dxdiag i found that under display tab it was showing i had my 4850 X2 installed when i really had a 6870 installed. another thing i noticed which was strange was that when i installed the new 6870, my ati ccc didn't give me the options for "morphological filtering" and "tessellation" or any advanced features that it had from the pc I pulled it out of. now just to state, the problem happened with all the video cards and i am just noting things i have noticed. then i was on my motherboards website and i saw that they finaly had an update for the bios which included "Touch BIOS support, Update, CPU AGESA 0.0.9.2 for AM3+, Update Dolby Home Theater version, and Modify TPM compatibility" i updated the bios and when i logged in to windows the resolution on my screen was low maybe 640 x 480 and it told me instantly i had to restart. so i did and when i booted back into windows i noticed in my ATI CCC all of the option that didn't show up before now did! i also ran dxdiag and it reported the right card installed! and i have played a couple times and the problem hasn't happened, but i am going to play more just to further investigate because it there has been times where the problem didn't happen that day. so, is there anyone who can tell me why that bios update with those specific "updates" in it could have changed my in windows ati ccc settings or my dxdiag? And i will definitely report back in a few days to update this, i really appreciate all the help, and i don't want to leave you or anyone else that is having this issue hanging with no answer. <3 <(^_^<)
m
l
September 16, 2011 10:45:20 AM

Maybe, perhaps till now ( before you had updated your BIOS ), the system might have not recognized the newer hardware and firmware, and only after you did the update, the motherboard was able to read the components correctly.
m
l
September 30, 2011 4:38:21 PM

So it still hasn't did the problem since I updated my motherboard to Version F4. I'll come back if it does it again, but for now this is closed :)  Thanks for all of the helps guys!
m
l
September 30, 2011 5:40:57 PM

You are welcome. :) 
m
l
February 20, 2012 3:05:38 PM

kukugirls said:
anyone? :( 

seems there is some thing sticking around after an uninstall. I foound this and did it and it worked for me. Hope it helps.

:et me know, my e-mail address-Irepair@centurytel.net,,,,,Chris

You can manually uninstall the game by removing the files and registry keys associated with it. To prevent accidental
file / program deletion on your system, be sure to follow these steps exactly as they appear.
To delete the save files:
1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
2. Select My Documents.
3. Right-click the Battlefield Bad Company 2 folder and select Delete.
To delete the game files (in the default location):
2. Select My Computer.
3. Double-click the C: drive.
4. Double-click the Program Files folder.
5. Double-click the ELECTRONIC ARTS folder.
6. Right-click the Battlefield Bad Company 2 folder and choose Delete.
7. Close all open windows.
8. Right-click the Recycle Bin and choose Empty Recycle Bin.
To edit the registry and remove Battlefield: Bad Company 2:
On 64-bit systems, like Vista 64 or Windows 7 64bit, registry keys can be found in the following directory:
HKLM\Software\WOW3264Node\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2
2. Select Run.
3. Type regedit in the text field and click OK.
4. Click File and select Export.
5. Name the file "Backup" (without the quotation marks) and make sure the Export Range is set to All.
6. Click Save. (You will now be returned to the Registry Editor window.)
7. Click the plus (+) sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
8. Click the plus (+) sign next to Software.
9. Click the plus (+) sign next to Electronic Arts.
10. Right-click the Battlefield Bad Company 2 folder and select Delete.
11. Click the plus (+) sign next to Microsoft.
12. Click the plus (+) sign next to Windows.
13. Click the plus (+) sign next to CurrentVersion.
14. Click the plus (+) sign next to Uninstall.
Right-click the key named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall\{3AC8457C-0385-4BEA-A959-E095F05D6D67} and select Delete.
16. A Confirm Key Delete window will appear; select Yes.
17. Close the Windows Registry Editor.
Go to the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information.
If you cannot find this folder you may have to go to Tools > Folder Settings and click the setting to
"SHOW hidden folders."
19. Find the folders with the exact same values as the registry keys above and delete them.
20. Right-click the Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 should now be completely removed from your system.
m
l
!