VX6000 specific or Verizon network problems?

Hi gang, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy
I can't believe I'm just posting about this now, although this board
may not be the best forum for Verizon network probs.

Anyway, for quite a while now actually, I've had inconsistent in-call
issues, whether I made an outgoing or recieved an incoming call.

Problem: During the call, there's a one-sided (only I hear it through
the VX6000, and not the other party) and quite annoying 'crackling'
throughout the whole call, and it happens completely randomly, with
regard to service area, and time. I live in Hollywood, Los Angeles
area, and this has happened randomly in different places throughout
the city. It's intermittant basically, and the crackling (it's more
crackling than it is a generallyunderstood perception of static). Is
this a sever static perhaps? I have no idea in the technical realm of
these issues.

But, it's quite annoying, and there's a recent epiphany too.... A new
"cutting off" and echoing from the "other" party only, even during
excellent reception/signal bar. The other party can hear me just fine.
Moreover, this actually has happened 3 or 4 times on my voicemail! I
suppose it could be the phone (yes it has been dropped a few times) or
specifically a Verizon issue, especially for the former problem of the
crackling.

All above stated problems occur during varying signal/reception
situations, including excellent signal.

The Verizon store did a software upgrade yesterday, for which I waited
somewhere between 20-25 minutes.

Problem #1 - "Crackling": Intermittant, never goes away unless I call
back the same number, and that doesn't always fix the problem.

Problem #2 - the new "cutting off" / "delay" / slight "echoing" from
the other party: new but actually relatively high occurance rate,
compared to 1st problem. To me, personally, I'd say that the 1st
problem is an intermittant, but rather generally consistent (all
customers) Verizon network based problem. This 2nd rediculously
annoying problem has been happpening now for about 2 weeks, and I
can't continue the call, it's impossible, so I must ask them to call
me back, or I just call.

Strange.

Well, I'm going back to the store to ask for a new phone, since my
phone is still about 5 months old, so under the one year warranty. I
suppose since I took them up on this software update offer, they
should be quite willing to replace my phone, no?

Also!!! On the first "crackling" problem..... almost forgot to
mention: I did call tech. support Verizon, and they were quite
admirably, willing to specifically test the problem report back and
follow-up repeatedly which I was impressed about. But the conclusion
still was that they didn't find a problem!!

So I'm confused at this point.

Ideas?

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

On the first problem,, I have had this happen also when dialing a certain
person in a different state. (IN) I have hung up and redialed and it still
is there, louder when it is ringing actually. When I hang up and call
someone else it is gone or when he calls me back it is gone. Doesn't do it
every day or every time.

..

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:31:33 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On the first problem,, I have had this happen also when dialing a certain
>person in a different state. (IN) I have hung up and redialed and it still
>is there, louder when it is ringing actually. When I hang up and call
>someone else it is gone or when he calls me back it is gone. Doesn't do it
>every day or every time.

Hello!

Yes, wow..... you're right on the money..!! Yes, it's worse when the
call is still ringing but to me it's just as annoying during the
conversation.

I just don't have the time anymore to call Verizon and request more
tech. help. That's why I'm gonna re-visit the same store and request
a vx6000 replacement, new.

I was supposed to do this yesterday, but got busy.

I'll let you know..... and again, the software update has not changed
anything for me.....

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

My phone is less than a month old and never been dropped. Not that means
anything, but for your info.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:15:01 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My phone is less than a month old and never been dropped. Not that means
>anything, but for your info.

Thanks. Well, now I think it means Verizon is over capacity......

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

Do you think that would be the problem? The static could mean a bad switch
somewhere I would think, but trying to track something like that down before
it would actually go out would be next to impossible.

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:25:17 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Do you think that would be the problem? The static could mean a bad switch
>somewhere I would think, but trying to track something like that down before
>it would actually go out would be next to impossible.
>
>"Parev" <noemail@thanks.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:15:01 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My phone is less than a month old and never been dropped. Not that means
>>>anything, but for your info.
>>>

>> Thanks. Well, now I think it means Verizon is over capacity......

I still haven't switched out the phone since I haven't had time... but
over the weekend, I will for sure.

I wish that was the prolblem... it's happened at many different
places. Santa monica, inner city, etc.. all over