Sign in with
Your question

upgraded system locks up w/1.33 tbird

Last response: in Motherboards
August 10, 2001 12:32:20 AM

ok, heres the deal. i had an 850 tbird running at 100mhz bus then upgraded to 1.33 tbird ayhja-y b/c i heard they are supposed to be the best ones to get to oc. anywhose, when i run it at the 133+ fsb, the system locks up randomly and quickly. when i run it at 1.0ghz and 100 fsb it works fine. i have a suspicion its my vid card that cant handle the increased speed. i hope someone can help. here is some pertinent info:

1.33 ayhja-y tbird 266 fsb
millenium glaciator solid copper hsf (pretty sweet btw)
aopen ak73 proa mobo (latest bios)
geforce 256 ddr w/32mb ram (tried new nvidia drivers and new leadtek drivers, both dx compliant)
antec case w/300w pwr supply
sb live platinum (locks up when it gets to game controller install, but i'll get them on the phone for that)
30gb wd hdd
win98se
hmmmmmmm.... i guess thats it. i hope someone can shed a little light on this for me. if you need anymore info just ask.

...and i would have gotten away with it, if it weren't for you meddling kids...
August 10, 2001 12:34:52 AM

ok, im replying to my own post b/c i dont get enough email. actually i forgot to mention there are no irq conflicts, i am running pnp bios, serial and parallel ports disabled to free up irq's.

August 12, 2001 10:27:46 AM

Hi mate,
Yes i have a very similar system(same m,board, 1ghz cpu,64meg gforce win M.E)
I have been getting very odd crashes and lock outs,i have been to aopens web page and they seem to be saying that there is a prob with pc133 memory(have a look...is it just me?)for example with my cpu they reccomend pc100 memory i have no idea if this is causing your prob but it may be worth looking at.
best of luck,
Theobob ( try a scooby snack!!!)
Related resources
August 12, 2001 7:18:45 PM

do you have a link to that info? i went there and couldnt find anything....

August 13, 2001 4:19:02 AM

You need a bigger better power supply the 1.33 bird guzzles the juice.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!
August 13, 2001 4:22:45 AM

yeah, im gonna give that a try. i can get it to 122fsb or so, but thats still underclocking it. i was thinkin the enermax 431watt.

!