Asus Probe Temps High?

psyclone

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2001
You say that the asus probe temperatures normally are around 5 to 10 degrees higher than the actual temperature, right?

Well at the moment i have an Atlhon 1.4 overclocked to 1.6 Ghz 11.5 * 140 with an Asus A7M266, and i have never seen my temperature higher than 42 degrees. Does this mean that my CPU is operating at around 32-37 degrees or is Asus Probe reporting my CPU temp incorrectly as i have overclocked it quite a bit, and i have no special cooling just a Globalwin FOP38 (6800 RPM) with some arctic silver thermal compund.

<b>What was that!</b> :eek:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Certain versions of Probe DO work correctly with certain motherboards. The only board where no version of Probe works correctly is the A7A266, because that one has the temps miscalculated in BIOS.
You probably have a version of Probe that works for your board. You can double check it with Motherboard Monitor 5.

Video killed my Radio Card!

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
um how'd you change the multiplier on that board? last time I checked there was no multiplier adjustment, only FSB increase or decrease.
*note* I actually owned an A7M266 for about a month but sold it to a friend for an Epox 8K7A+ so I could overclock