I can move my mouse but cant click

when i first start up i can move my mouse fine, but not click, for the first 10-15 mins. then everything is fine again. the key board work fine, just cant click.
6 answers Last reply
More about move mouse click
  1. That seems very odd. I'd suspect the mouse itself, partly because it's so easy to just try another one.
  2. it isnt just my usb mouse, it also doesnt let me click on the labtop itself.
  3. I wonder if the touchpad or its driver is acting up. Can you disable the touchpad? I wonder if that would make any difference...
  4. sminlal said:
    I wonder if the touchpad or its driver is acting up. Can you disable the touchpad? I wonder if that would make any difference...

yeah i tried turning it off and on and it didnt make a difference. but thank you.
  5. Well I'm out of ideas. Anyone else?
  6. Trying to think what would cause mouse click to work after a period of time.

First thing I thought of was some software (like a click-macro utility) grabbing control of the mouse click, then letting go when done or timed out. Makes no sense.

Other thing I could think of was USB port power issue, which also doesn't make a lot of sense. If there is any other USB device attached, disable it. If you have an externally powered USB hub available to you, you could try that.
Ask a new question

Read More

Mice Windows 7