Programs that improve gaming performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperial7

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
Hi, i have a gateway laptop nv53, With Integrated amd 4200 series, amd turion ultra m600, and 4gb ram ,i have installed crysis 2, and I am playing the minimum resolution, and runs with some problems, then I started researching on how to improve performance, and found programs which improve performance, but I'm not sure if these programs are safe, I read a few forums that say these programs compromise the cpu, is that true?
i have installed the program, I ran crysis 2, and improved as 60%, but uninstall it for fear of damaging the CPU!
someone who knows anything about this?

thanks

felipe

Solution
no program can damage your cpu physically unless its malware. but even then very little malware can actually harm your cpu. some may sent temps to the max but other than that they cant damage anything. your biggest concern for software that can damage your hardware should always be for ati and nvidia. sometimes there drivers have caused cards to become damaged or even pop.

things like the crysis 2 advanced gfx options, are completely safe,.

i have used it myself. as for gamebooster and the likes. the lower end the system the more benefits you will see but because the system is low end even huge changes wont make that much of an impact on the games overall performance.

ref: izoli isnt wrong in his post either.

izoli

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
A lot of programs like that(such as PCBoost) Its main setting is that it allows you to set *HIGH* or *REALTIME* priorities on running processes. This is how it boosts your PC performance. At the same time, they seem to leave out the fact that this can cause potential harm to your computer and also serious bog time if you don't have enough RAM. Priorities are set for a reason, if you have a good reason for giving a task higher priority, then go right ahead, but do not try to give every task a high priority state just because you think it'll function faster.

no program can damage your cpu physically unless its malware. but even then very little malware can actually harm your cpu. some may sent temps to the max but other than that they cant damage anything. your biggest concern for software that can damage your hardware should always be for ati and nvidia. sometimes there drivers have caused cards to become damaged or even pop.

things like the crysis 2 advanced gfx options, are completely safe,.

i have used it myself. as for gamebooster and the likes. the lower end the system the more benefits you will see but because the system is low end even huge changes wont make that much of an impact on the games overall performance.

ref: izoli isnt wrong in his post either.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.