Computer Model DG41RQ
Operating System (O/S) Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Operating System Build (O/S) (build 7600), 32-bit
Operating System (version) 6.1.7600
System RAM 2.0 GB
CD or DVD Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
System Hard Drive Overview
System Total Storage Size: 465.7 GB

Graphics Product [1] NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Graphics Driver Version not detected
3D Acceleration Yes
Hardware Transform & Lighting Support Yes
Video Memory 1.7 GB

Solution
1...No it does not support that processor
2...No DDR3 is not supported in DDR2 slots (they will not even fit)

Looking at the spec on your mother board I don't think it even has dual channel memory.

Seriously if you are thinking of a gaming rig you need to upgrade your motherboard.
If you are upgrading your processor, ram and graphics card then don't restrict your choice to yesterdays products by hanging onto an old motherboard. You can get a decent current model for £100+

I suggest you familiarize your self more with current hardware, there are many forums where they list self build projects aimed at different cost levels, budget, main stream, gamer and enthusiast.
There you would see which bits are compatible, otherwise you could...

sisirdath01

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Thank you Mr. HEXiT,

Please solve my problem.....

1) Does my motherboard DG41RQ (LGA775) supports intel core i7 920 processor,which is adviced best for extreme end Gaming,

2) And also my ram slot is ddr2,does it support ddr3 chips in this ddr2 socket?

technogiant

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
1...No it does not support that processor
2...No DDR3 is not supported in DDR2 slots (they will not even fit)

Looking at the spec on your mother board I don't think it even has dual channel memory.

Seriously if you are thinking of a gaming rig you need to upgrade your motherboard.
If you are upgrading your processor, ram and graphics card then don't restrict your choice to yesterdays products by hanging onto an old motherboard. You can get a decent current model for £100+

I suggest you familiarize your self more with current hardware, there are many forums where they list self build projects aimed at different cost levels, budget, main stream, gamer and enthusiast.
There you would see which bits are compatible, otherwise you could make expensive mistakes. If you buy the wrong stuff once you've opened the box you may well not be able to return it.

Good luck.

Solution

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I used to have the same motherboard and GPU. I was forced to upgrade both since it wasn't enough to handle most games. I upgraded to a GTS250 for starters and had a big difference. I was running an intel core2quad on that motherboard, which also showed a significant boost in performance. Also, it's not necessary for you to go for an i7 processor. I would highly recommend you go for an i5-2500k sandy bridge processor, which is a really good processor for gaming!

HEXiT:
Couldn't the OP switch to a quad core series and a better GPU for starters? Unless he has the budget for an i7 and higher end GPU, that would surely help him start things off. Only thing he won't have is DDR3 memory.

sisirdath01

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Hello Mr. HEXiT,

Thanks for your kindness
I have 2 Questions....

1) Does processor price vary in different countries ? Because I stay In India, And I am in a idea that processor price is cheap in UK or NewZealand. So planning to

import it from those countries,as our cousins stay their.. (If it vary how much it could be?)

2)What is the main difference between DDR3 and DDR2 RAM's ?

sisirdath01

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Ok", Thank you Mr. namelessonez,

So you say that on upgrading my Nvedia Geforce-9400 GT and shifting my processor to a good one, I can enjoy good Gaming level.It sounds good but

many say that not all games like gta4, assasins creed ,Call of duty, can be played with i7 and its extreme processors and with directX 11.