[EQ2] 16:9 Monitor?

All,

Does Everquest work in a 16:9 mode for 16:9 monitors? I know the game
has an artificial letterbox mode but that isn't what I'm talking
about. I want to know if 16:9 monitors (like my 61" Samsung DLP TV)
are supported without stretching a lower 4:3 resolution to fit.

Anybody playing on a 16:9 TV?

Lewis

On 20 Nov 2004 18:53:29 -0800, lewis@lwb.org (Lewis W Beard) wrote:

>All,
>
>Does Everquest work in a 16:9 mode for 16:9 monitors? I know the game
>has an artificial letterbox mode but that isn't what I'm talking
>about. I want to know if 16:9 monitors (like my 61" Samsung DLP TV)
>are supported without stretching a lower 4:3 resolution to fit.
>
>Anybody playing on a 16:9 TV?
>
>Lewis

I play it in 1280x768, on a 17" TFT monitor, and it's great.

And what's with all the carrots ?

"Lewis W Beard" <lewis@lwb.org> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Does Everquest work in a 16:9 mode for 16:9 monitors? I know the game
> has an artificial letterbox mode but that isn't what I'm talking
> about. I want to know if 16:9 monitors (like my 61" Samsung DLP TV)
> are supported without stretching a lower 4:3 resolution to fit.
>
> Anybody playing on a 16:9 TV?
>
> Lewis

I'm playing it on 1920x1200 on a 23" LCD. Very sharp and no real noticible
performance degradation over lower settings.

The only resolutions I've found that work with widescreen are 1920x1200 and
1280x768. For me, the 1920x1200 is very sharp and clear, but the 1280x768
is extremely fuzzy. Not sure why since all other resolutions are rather
sharp, if not wide screen. The text is a bit small at the higher
resolution, but considering the speed boost of the lower res is minimal in
my experience, I'll go with the better graphics over eye strain. At least
the text in the chat dialogs can be resized, even if the quest journal text
can't.

---