TH7 RAID MEMPRY PROBLEM. HELP!!!

G

Hi,

I have a abit TH7 RAID motherboard which supports up to 2GB of RDRAM. I recently bought 2x 256 PC 800 Samsung RDRAM NON-ECC to go along with my 2x 128 PC 800 Samsung RDRAM NON-ECC.

When I tried to install the 256s in, I get an POST error of C1. I tried switching the pairs around by putting the 256s in the first 2 slot and the 128s in the last 2 slots but got the same error.

I tired to just put the 256s in alone along with 2 c-rimms. That booted up the computer, but as soon as win2K begins to load, the system will reboot automatically. I waited for the reboot but then it would reboot itself automatically again for a few times until I get the POST error of C1 on the motherboard. When I tried to switch the 2x 256s around from slot 1 to 2 and 2 to 1. The motherboard would POST C1, but then the 1 would flash to a 0 or F really quickly.

When I put just the 128s back in, the system would boot and run normally. I am thinking it might just be bad RDRAM but I am not sure.

Could someone please help me with this problem in case when I exchange the RAM and it still doesnt work?

Thanks

My Other Specs are:
P4 1.7
ASUS 8200D GeForce 3
40gig HD
Toshiba 16x DVD
NEC 7700 12x CDRW
SB Live
Win2K Service Pack 2

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know much about RDRAM or Pentium 4, but my guess is to make sure you have the same brand of memory for all four rimms, and that all four rimms are the exact same settings.