Which AMD-761 board is good?

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can't get KG7 yet (I've had nothing but problems from abit on both KT7 and KT7A)
I own an Epox 8K7A+ and its a rock solid overclocker and never crashes. I was just getting used to crashes all the time from my A7V motherboard and this crash free one is getting me all giddy.
And I've only heard Decent things about the K7-Master. MSI does have a version of the card that has built in scsi, so if you need scsi I'd say get the MSI board.
I also used to own an A7M266 which was also rock stable, only thing was it didn't overclock well for me.
I built my friend a computer with a Chainteck 7KJD which is also AMD761 chipset and it performed just as well as the Asus A7M266. You can get the chaintech at www.digirex.com for around $111 which is a very nice price if you consider paying $170 for an A7M266.
From my Experience I'd say go with Epox, Chaintech, or Asus, and in that order when it comes to the AMD761 based board. One high point of the Chaintech is that it doesn't have the Via 686b southbridge so you don't have to worry about sblive problems.

stano

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
The KG7-Raid is out...$199@pcprogress.com I hope this is as good as the reviews say it is because its the one I'm getting...!!!???