Sign in with
Your question

Does windows 95 98 and ME games work on XP

Last response: in Video Games
September 1, 2011 12:33:09 AM

I need to know...

More about : windows games work

September 1, 2011 1:13:26 AM

It will vary from game to game, some Windows 9x games work perfectly fine on XP without much trouble. Some games require either an official or fan made patches to work properly on XP, and some games won't work at all or will run with some serious bugs and there is little that can be done about it. You would have to research the specific games you want to play to see if they will work.
September 3, 2011 8:41:56 PM

Generally speaking, I do not recall having any problems playing games designed for Win 95/98 using Win XP.
Related resources
September 3, 2011 9:14:15 PM

Most of the time they will work, but some games do have issues with XP and newer eg. MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries Titanium Edition (won't launch) MechWarrior 3 (physics bugs and general instability), The X-Wing Collector's Series (will crash to desktop if 3D acceleration is enabled unless you download a fan-made patch)
September 4, 2011 12:53:40 AM

Hmmm.... I don't recall having any issues with the X-Wing Collector series. Maybe I'll give it another spin.
September 4, 2011 1:05:53 AM

The problems tend to be with X-Wing Collector's CD and TIE Fighter Collector's CD when 3D acceleration is enabled, like a said, there is a patch to fix the issue, but it won't work straight out of the box.
!