What modern military game to buy?

mercruzyho

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hello, Ive been looking around for some fairly modern military games. I was thinking of world of conflict. I have crysis 2, there has to be a game out there that has the details it has. I dont know much about fps's i have never played any Cod or modern warfare game. So could you guys help me out? thx

Eldd

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008

You could try Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (and 1, too, for that instance), Battlefield Bad Company 2, Call of Duty Black Ops, Arma 2 and its expansions (this is more of a military sim though). Except for Modern Warfare series, these games will tax your system pretty much, depending on your hardware, so before buying any of those, check their system requirements and style of gameplay and see which one of those will suit you.

avieor

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

I would avoid Homefront, incredibly short linear, predictable singleplayer and an average looking multiplayer.

I would recommend these games:

The Call of Duty seires: A favourite by the casual market, and easy to play. It is hated by hardcore fps fans however. All of the CoD's are ( pretty much ) identical, but Modern Warfare 2 is the most popular.

The Battlefield series: One of my favourites: Amazing graphics, destructible environment, fun team based multiplayer. BF Bad Company 2 is the latest but keep an eye on the upcoming Battlefield 3, which releases 25th of September, which is about 3 weeks from now.

The Counterstrike Series: Fun, Punishing, but also rewarding. It is a tricky game to start with, but you get hooked to it quickly ;) It has plenty of mod support too!

Team Fortress 2: It's free on steam, try it out :D

Far Cry 2: Not so popular nowadays, but one of my all time favourites, it's on sale on steam now so you think you'd like it get it quickly :O

Call of Duty 5 World at War
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of Duty 6 Modern Warfare 2
Call of Duty 7 Black ops
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Crysis and Crysis Warhead
Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 ( online games )
Operation Flashpoint Red River ( not bad, but it's lacking key elements for an FPS game ).

I too wouldn't recommend Homefront.