Epox VS Gigabyte or Abit

guevi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2001
Can anyone of the Expert give me their opinion on choosing between the Epox8k7a or a+ and any of the amd 761 abit or gigabyte mobos; i am sold so far on the epox even though i just went this morning to a computer show here in ft lauderdale and all the vendor were selling Asus MSI some abit and gigabyte. There were no epox. Any problem with windows 2k and this epox mobo???????????
thanks

what u gotta do is research the boards you look at yourself... it doesn't help to ask either... i did some research and have concluded that the gigabyte GA-7DXR is the best AMD 760 board out there right now, which includes the KG7. Just because the board has so many features and for the price it isn't that bad since your getting the high quality and tons of features that the abit board doesn't have and you would be paying the same.

your next question will be, what ram to buy, i bought the corsair PC2400 CAS2 ram at www.mwave.com.

I heard the epox board u mentioned has issues. U may wanna look through the threads here and other places.

Epox isn't well known. When i told my boss about epox he was like, i never heard of them. *shrugs* Gigabyte you are practicaly gaunteed a stable board in my opinion. Same with ABit... it really is a toss up between the kg7 and the 7dxr but like i said the 7dxr offers a lot more and both boards are about the same price.

Have fun!