Thursday and Friday N/C on airtime?

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
thanks
--
All Email Scanned and declared
Virus Free by Norton Systems 2005

material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in
intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and
delete the material from any computer.

Mike

Splendid

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
>thanks

We should have an FAQ on this somewhere...

I believe the holidays are pared down to about 5, and that only
Thursday would be an off-peak day. This may vary by billing market,
but I'm pretty sure Friday isn't off-peak anywhere in the VZW network.

Mike

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
>thanks

I was on the phone with Customer Service just a few minutes ago and
the Rep wanted to let me know that Thanksgiving Day is a free airtime
day. She didn't say anything about Friday so I guess it's not a free
day. I then asked her what other holidays were free days and she said
that New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
Day and Christmas Day were all free airtime days.

Regards,

T-Bone

T-Bone wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
>>thanks
>

> I was on the phone with Customer Service just a few minutes ago and
> the Rep wanted to let me know that Thanksgiving Day is a free airtime
> day. She didn't say anything about Friday so I guess it's not a free
> day. I then asked her what other holidays were free days and she said
> that New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
> Day and Christmas Day were all free airtime days.
>
> Regards,
>
> T-Bone

Did they actually say they were free airtime days or that they were
off-peak days. I know for most people with unlimited offpeak minutes
(night/weekend) they are free, but just don't want someone out there
without the unlimited offpeak minutes thinking they are free airtime if
that's not the case.

Rich

T-Bone

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:05:23 GMT, Rich Weingartner
<mathwhiz@mathwhiz.org> wrote:

>T-Bone wrote:
>> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
>>>thanks
>>

>> I was on the phone with Customer Service just a few minutes ago and
>> the Rep wanted to let me know that Thanksgiving Day is a free airtime
>> day. She didn't say anything about Friday so I guess it's not a free
>> day. I then asked her what other holidays were free days and she said
>> that New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving
>> Day and Christmas Day were all free airtime days.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> T-Bone
>
>Did they actually say they were free airtime days or that they were
>off-peak days. I know for most people with unlimited offpeak minutes
>(night/weekend) they are free, but just don't want someone out there
>without the unlimited offpeak minutes thinking they are free airtime if
>that's not the case.
>
>Rich

After reading your post Rich, I wasn't really sure, so I just called
them back and they said that it is Free Airtime, so since I have the
Natioal Plan then it's free to all 50 states, but wouldn't be free for
International calls. The Rep said that it just depended on what plan
the person has.

Regards,

T-Bone

hotrod

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2003

Thanks

T-Bone <boneski@newsguy.com> wrote:

>After reading your post Rich, I wasn't really sure, so I just called
>them back and they said that it is Free Airtime, so since I have the
>Natioal Plan then it's free to all 50 states, but wouldn't be free for
>International calls.

Exactly what I was told (I'm on America's Choice).

==
Jack Hamilton
jfh@acm.org

==
In the end, more than they wanted freedom, they wanted comfort and security.
And in the end, they lost it all - freedom, comfort and security.
Edward Gibbon

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?

There's no such thing as a "free airtime day". (Sorry for the nitpick,
but someone might think they can talk all day for free, when it actually
depends on their specific plan.)

On Thursday, 11/25, if your plan has unlimited nights and weekends, you
can use your phone all day without using your minutes. For other plans,
you should call Customer Service and ask about your plan.

Friday, 11/26, is a regular weekday as far as the plan allowances go.

"HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
> thanks

Depends on what plan you're on.. Thursday is an off-peak day, Friday is
not..

In article <a4e4q0p362h8nbo2rnjsk1npe0mvtdmq3p@4ax.com>,
Mike <inundated9@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day? thanks
>
>We should have an FAQ on this somewhere...
>
>I believe the holidays are pared down to about 5, and that only
>Thursday would be an off-peak day. This may vary by billing market,
>but I'm pretty sure Friday isn't off-peak anywhere in the VZW network.

Holidays are billed as off-peak, and most people these days have unlimited
off-peak (nights) and weekends, but some people have weekend-only
packages (an old promotion on NSR), and current NSR people don't have
any such packages. Thanksgiving is NOT free for them. If you don't have
a promotion that includes free off-peak, holidays are not free for you.

"CharlesH" <hoch@exemplary.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <a4e4q0p362h8nbo2rnjsk1npe0mvtdmq3p@4ax.com>,
> Mike <inundated9@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:35:25 GMT, "HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day? thanks
> >
> >We should have an FAQ on this somewhere...

> Holidays are billed as off-peak, and most people these days have unlimited
> off-peak (nights) and weekends, but some people have weekend-only
> packages (an old promotion on NSR), and current NSR people don't have
> any such packages. Thanksgiving is NOT free for them. If you don't have
> a promotion that includes free off-peak, holidays are not free for you.

AH HA!!! Finally, someone that knows there are 1000's of plans out there and
that 1000's of the customers using Verizon are going to be charged prime time
minutes on all holidays that don't fall within their bonus minutes - IF they
have any. There ARE plans beside America's Choice!!

Tom J

Tom J wrote:

> AH HA!!! Finally, someone that knows there are 1000's of plans out
> there and that 1000's of the customers using Verizon are going to be
> charged prime time minutes on all holidays that don't fall within
> their bonus minutes - IF they have any. There ARE plans beside
> America's Choice!!
>
> Tom J

The ones that will be really shocked, are the people that have a LOCAL
digital choice plans, go outside their calling area for the holiday, make a
call and get charged for ROAMING, AND for all their calls (they will be LD
when you are out of your home area)!

Jack, the others are trying to be "specfic" on there answer. It is
incorrect to say that calling on Thanksgiving is "free". It depends on
where you are, and your plan.

Correct: Thanksgiving day is a holiday (duh), and this is considered an
off-peak day. If you are in your plan area, AND your package has an
off-peak bonus (nights/weekends free=aka off-peak) then you will not be
charged for domestic (USA destination) calls made on Thanksgiving day.

So, if your outside your coverage area, or if your plan doesn't have any
off-peak (and yes some plans do NOT have off-peak included) then it isn't a
free call. dr

As an update: "Free" to all 50 states, isn' exactly correct. It isn't where
you call (excluding international) but where YOU are when you call. So, if
YOU are in YOUR plan area, then YOU can call to all 50 states for free, if
YOUR plan includes Nationwide Long Distance. (capitals of YOUR are to focus
on where you are is the key, not where you call "to"... blah, blah. dr
(But I think you knew that already)

"Jack Hamilton" <jfh@acm.org> wrote in message
> T-Bone <boneski@newsguy.com> wrote:
>>After reading your post Rich, I wasn't really sure, so I just called
>>them back and they said that it is Free Airtime, so since I have the
>>Natioal Plan then it's free to all 50 states, but wouldn't be free for
>>International calls.
>
> Exactly what I was told (I'm on America's Choice).
> ==
> Jack Hamilton
> jfh@acm.org

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is Friday some kind of holiday?

"HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
> thanks
> --
> All Email Scanned and declared
> Virus Free by Norton Systems 2005

> material. Any
> action in
> reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
> intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and
> delete the material from any computer.

Stan,
Up until 2003, in most of the west, those of us with off-peak minutes
enjoyed the entire day after Thanksgiving as a "holiday." I miss it,
especially since this year 3 of the remaining 6 holidays all occur on
weekends anyway.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

Date: 2003-01-03 16:35:05 PST

Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our web site.

The following days are considered off peak holidays:
1.New Year Day
2.Memorial Day
3.July 4th
4.Labor Day
5.Thanksgiving Day
6.Christmas Day

As a Friendly reminder, Verizon Wireless just introduced our new
"Worry
Free Guarantee". This is a set of 5 guarantee's we give our customers
ensure their complete satisfaction. We truly want to make using
wireless
simple and affordable for our customers and with our Worry Free
Guarantee
this promises just that.

Please write to us again through www.VerizonWireless.com if you have
any
further questions.

Sincerely,

Jeremy
Verizon Wireless
Customer Care

"HotRod" <hotrod@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Njqod.8674$pK6.7147@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Is this Thursday and Friday a free airtime day?
> thanks
> --
> All Email Scanned and declared
> Virus Free by Norton Systems 2005

> material. Any
> action in
> reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the
> intended
> recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
> sender and
> delete the material from any computer.

stan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Bill,

That's a pretty good deal that has gone the way of FIMF. Does anyone still
have that?

-Stan