vaporfox99

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
Hey guys, I've been playing through some of my older pc games as of late, waiting on the new ones I care to try, and I finally got around to installing Morrowind. Now when I installed it years ago on my Win98 pc it worked fine, but now that I've installed it on my XP laptop it crashes every time I start it.
I get it opened and running through the bethesda logo then it crashes instantly and gives me the classic "File a Report" box. I just really want to play TES III, and TES IV which I haven't installed yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Here are my laptop specs:
Windows XP Professional SP3, Intel T2300 1.66GHz, 2GB RAM

you can forget about playing Oblivion on that laptop for a start, you really need a dedicated graphics card. Morrowind should work, update your display drivers and update the game to the latest version. I could run it on a 1.5ghz celeron laptop with integrated graphics, so it should work on yours.

vaporfox99

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2011
I got it by running it in Win98 compatible mode. I just installed Oblivion and it's running pretty descent, there's lag, and some frame rate issues but overall about the quality I was expecting. It's just there to help me kill time on trips and such not as a everyday player, that's why I have a desktop.