FIC AD11 X MSI K7266 PRO (6380)

G

Hi,

I read the reviews of these boards and i could not decide on witch one i should go. The msi is the leader of the via k7266, while the fic has the amd 760 chipset bot seens to be a "poor" board, with no space for proper cooling, am i right?

I am not an overclocker, but would like a stable and good performacer board. I went to the fic web site and found that the board comes with an ata 66 cable, does anybody knows if it supports ata 100? I live in brazil and have only those two choices

sTRO

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2001
I just bought teh AD-11 as it was the only thing I could find in town that was listed on the compatible mobo section of the AMD website. The AD-11 DOES support ATA100... BUT--I've had PROBLEMS! Not at the ATA100, but read on...

1) The fan header is too weak to support a fan needed to cool a 1.4GHz CPU (which I bought)...
soooo, once we unfused the CPU and mobo and got them replaced,

2) I had gotten another flaky mobo...

after replacing AGAIN....

3) I am unable to run on the 133MHz FSB (I just posted this problem under Motherboards: "Front Side Bus-ted")... and the board is 5 months old, and FIC hasn't been able to update the web with BIOS stuff... I did call cali once for help and got an answer two days later as well :\...

My FIC experience has lead me to never buy one of their boards again.

<font color=orange>Everything I install is based on Plug n' Pray architecture</font color=orange>