CD vs DVD version EQ2?

In article <Xns95A869FC953ADiiiiiicom@216.168.3.44>, jim wrote:
> Are there any benefits to buying the dvd version? Does it affect gameplay
> or is it only used for the install?

DVD-ROM, I *think*, is better able to deal with scratches than CD-ROM.

There are slight differences between the in-game bonus items for your house.

DVD is a hell of a lot more convenient (two discs vs. something like 9).

DVD might be faster to install. In theory, DVD drives can be made that are
much faster than CD drives, because both should have about the same limit on
rotational rate, but the DVD is higher data density.

--
--Tim Smith

Rastus

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004

> Are there any benefits to buying the dvd version?

The DVD version gives you 2 chances for a bad media disc whereas the CD
version gives you 9.

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:53:23 +1000, "Rastus" <nospam@uq.edu.au> wrote:

>> Are there any benefits to buying the dvd version?
>
>The DVD version gives you 2 chances for a bad media disc whereas the CD
>version gives you 9.

The glass is half empty, I see.

"Rastus" <nospam@uq.edu.au> wrote
> > Are there any benefits to buying the dvd version?
>
> The DVD version gives you 2 chances for a bad media disc whereas the CD
> version gives you 9.

10.

Mine was on disk 3.