Logitech Gaming Software and Win 7 64 bit problems

osirus23

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit here and I have a Logitech G510 keyboard and a G930 headset. Both of which are now consolidated under Logitech Gaming Software 8.00.

My problem is whenever I put my computer to sleep and wake it up again the LGS freezes and the extra features on my keyboard and headset don't work (LCD screen, G-keys, Dolby surround).

My only solution has been to revert back to LGS v3.06, which doesn't have as many features and doesn't support the G930 at all. Is anyone running a setup like this and if so have you encountered this problems and possibly some solutions?

indiablo

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011

I have the exact same problem, but I only have the G19 and G13 keyb. and when waking up Win7 64Bit the program crashes and I have to start it over from "start-Prog-logitech" folder.. I wondered if I should just put the exe file into the start folder..

osirus23

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2008
I've settled on v3.06 since it doesn't freeze on me like the newer versions do.

If you want to use the new software and have this problem, there is a program called autorestartg15 that will restart the Logi software automatically every time you wake up your PC.

It's the first program on this page, just put it in your Windows startup folder so its always running in the background.

http://jfsoftware.com/category/3

lorond

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
Exactly same problem on G19. After resuming from sleep mode LCD screen remain blank.

I've tried to disable power off on suspend for all USB root hubs, autorestartg15 program and many other advices.

The only workaround I found, is to lock PC before sleep. I have a password on my account and it being requested every time after resume. And I noticed, LCD screen work fine, when I lock my PC before put it into sleep mode (simply press WinKey+L). However if I put my PC into sleep without locking it, after logging in LCD screen remain blank and unavailable until reboot or unplug keyboard and plug it back.

So just lock your PC before put it into sleep.

hoover1979

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I also have Win7 X64 and use a Logitech G710+ Keyboard and a G502 Proteus Core mouse. The logitech framework crashes every 30mins-1hr and I can't fix this no matter what I try. Logitech software obviously hates 64 bit OS's and that's not acceptable as a serious gaming rig needs 64bit OS to use more than 3.7Gb of ram. I have 32Gb ram and I wish logitech gets their **** together and stops neglecting the 64Bit gamers that payed good money for their products.

brewer55

Honorable
Mar 7, 2013
Have you seen this from the Logitech Support Forum?
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Keyboards/G510s-screen-freezing-upon-wakup-from-sleep/m-p/1152921

I suggest checking it under the Device Manager > Keyboards to determine all the available HID keyboard inputs listed on your PC. Your G510s keyboard should have a Hardware ID of VID_046D&PID_C22D. You can verify this by right-clicking on the HID-compliant keyboard and choosing Properties > Details tab to look for Hardware ID in the "Property" drop-down box.

Furthermore, please verify if your keyboard is plugged in directly to a USB 2.0 port. Bypass the use of KVM switch boxes, port replicators, docking stations, and USB hubs if any. You should also be running under a complete "Administrative Account" access. Then, please follow the steps provided below:

Open Device Manager (Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager).
Click on View > Devices by Connection.
Expand "Computer" (or your computer's name).
Expand "ACPI xxx-based PC".
Expand "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System".
Expand "PCI bus".
Expand "USB Universal Host Controllers" and look for a "USB Root Hub" that has an arrow beside it (expandable).
Look for a "USB Composite Device" with a subcategory "Logitech HID-compliant Gaming Keyboard". This is just to confirm that you have identified the correct USB Root Hub.
Go back and right-click on the "USB Root Hub" that has the G510s gaming keyboard as a sub-category and select "Properties".
Go to "Power Management" tab and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
Click on OK to confirm the action.

Please try it to see how it goes. Hope it helps.