Oh my, ive really done it this time...PLEASE HELP!

chaos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2001
I am typing this to you on my 66mhz 8 year old computer as opposed to my 788 2month old computer. Why you might ask...well simple.....My new computer wont BOOT UP. No video output no HDD leds NOTHING. I was flashing my bios on my ecsp6iwp-fe v2.0 mainboard and for some reason it froze up . So half of the update was completed ONLY the deleting part. So now i have no BIOS and a wortless heap of junk computer. Now to my question. How do I fix this????? a TECH SUPPORT guy said that there was a magical program that could repair the error. Something like Bios crash repair. Is this true can i save myself from having to get a new mobo??? Please Help i beg you.

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What type of bios...AMI or Award?

If it is AMI try this, remove the clear Cmos jumper completly not 1-2, not 2-3 but removed. With a floppy disk with nothing on it but the flash utility and the ROM power on pc. Wait a couple of minutes or untill you here several consequtive beeps. Power down system and replace jumper.......good luck.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Don't forget you have to hold down the "home" key when you turn it on, then you here a beep, then two beep, then two beeps.....when you hear three beeps it's done. I think that only works with AMI BIOS though.

Video killed my Radio Card!