Yahoo mail unreachable from windows 8

I've had a Windows Live account since the first XBOX. My Live account has always been associated with my Yahoo mail address. I login to Windows 8 with this Live account and the first few times I logged in, it brought up my Yahoo mail in the 'Mail' tile of Windows 8 no problem. Everything worked.

About the 3rd time I logged into Windows 8, my mail stopped updating. I kept seeing the message 'Yahoo! mail unreachable' at the top right. This was repeatable when I'd right click and choose the 'Sync' option. As a result, I tried removing my yahoo mail account associated with my live account login and adding it back. This also resulted in the 'unreachable' message.

So, I went to Internet Explorer and logged into my Yahoo mail account no problem.

What is wrong with Windows 8's ability to maintain this basic functionality? It is still working just fine through my Windows 7 phone so it's limited to Windows 8.

If you know a fix for this, please let me know.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Am I suprised I ask you, No not at all.
That is why I stick to windows 7, not that I hate windows 8.
I just want to hold back till these annoying things are discovered by the early adopters.
That they are found by a larger user base who chose to buy and install windows 8. Above in house testing and beta previews.

I swore I'd wait 'til Windows 8 sp1, but one of my failing laptops needed replacing and they have some serious deals on basic i3 laptops at Microcenter. This is why I'm spending time with Windows 8. It was pre-installed on the laptop.

I have a Windows 8 Pro upgrade sitting unopened because I'm now extremely reluctant to upgrade my gaming rig (which is the PC for which the upgrade disk was intended).

radioseb

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012

Same thing here, and it happened after the exact same scenario. 3-4 times worked no problem after which it just died. Webmail and mail client on my lumia work just fine. Fix it microsoft!

It looks like yahoo initially set up subdomains specific to windows 8 users (metro.pop...etc...), so I though maybe it was an issue with those subdomains.
So I changed the pop and smtp servers to the vanilla pop and smtp settings for yahoo and it still didn't work. This is pretty basic chiz. I wonder if MS had some sort of falling out with yahoo after the release?