Pavillion a296n USB driver

Last response: in Computer Brands
a b α HP
August 25, 2005 2:03:43 AM

A friend downloaded SP 2 before updating drivers.
Trying to recover destroyed recovery partition
I loaded xp and proceeded to update
I have a Universal Serial Bus (USB) device under other
It needs a driver
I went to ASUS and HP but can't find one
SP2 will not install - maybe cause device needs driver?

Any suggestions

TIA
Dudley Pearce
Anonymous
a b α HP
August 25, 2005 6:17:21 PM

Dudley Pearce <pearcedj@access4less.net> wrote:
> A friend downloaded SP 2 before updating drivers.
> Trying to recover destroyed recovery partition
> I loaded xp and proceeded to update
> I have a Universal Serial Bus (USB) device under other
> It needs a driver
> I went to ASUS and HP but can't find one
> SP2 will not install - maybe cause device needs driver?
>
> Any suggestions

I don't have/know this PC, but since you mention ASUS you are
probably talking about motherboard drivers. The HP website lists this
for the a296n [1]:

"Summer 2003 Original Chipset Driver Collection
HP Pavilion a296n Desktop PC (US/CAN)"

Perhaps that contains the driver(s) you need.

Alternatively you can order a System Recovery CD/DVD. See the page
before [1] for a pointer.

BTW, it's "Pavilion" with one "l". With two it did not give a problem
for this ([1]) particular search, but it might for others, especially on
other sites.

[1] http://www.hp.com -> Software & Driver Downloads -> for product:
Pavilion a296n -> Select your operating system -> Microsoft Windows XP
-> Original Drivers
!