Pavillion a296n USB driver

A friend downloaded SP 2 before updating drivers.
Trying to recover destroyed recovery partition
I loaded xp and proceeded to update
I have a Universal Serial Bus (USB) device under other
It needs a driver
I went to ASUS and HP but can't find one
SP2 will not install - maybe cause device needs driver?

Any suggestions

TIA
Dudley Pearce
1 answer Last reply
More about pavillion a296n driver

    Dudley Pearce <pearcedj@access4less.net> wrote:
    > A friend downloaded SP 2 before updating drivers.
    > Trying to recover destroyed recovery partition
    > I loaded xp and proceeded to update
    > I have a Universal Serial Bus (USB) device under other
    > It needs a driver
    > I went to ASUS and HP but can't find one
    > SP2 will not install - maybe cause device needs driver?
    >
    > Any suggestions

    I don't have/know this PC, but since you mention ASUS you are
    probably talking about motherboard drivers. The HP website lists this
    for the a296n [1]:

    "Summer 2003 Original Chipset Driver Collection
    HP Pavilion a296n Desktop PC (US/CAN)"

    Perhaps that contains the driver(s) you need.

    Alternatively you can order a System Recovery CD/DVD. See the page
    before [1] for a pointer.

    BTW, it's "Pavilion" with one "l". With two it did not give a problem
    for this ([1]) particular search, but it might for others, especially on
    other sites.

    [1] http://www.hp.com -> Software & Driver Downloads -> for product:
    Pavilion a296n -> Select your operating system -> Microsoft Windows XP
    -> Original Drivers

Hewlett Packard USB Devices Computers