!~! "Express Network (1XRTT)" Usage Charges??

Have Mobile Office and have tried using the high-speed "Express
Network (1XRTT)" Internet connection. Don't see any extra charges on
the bill!

Anyone have experiences?

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Have used it some, no charges except for plan minutes.

"J" <j@lookhere.info> wrote in message
> Have Mobile Office and have tried using the high-speed "Express
> Network (1XRTT)" Internet connection. Don't see any extra charges on
> the bill!
>
> Anyone have experiences?

---

J wrote:
> Have Mobile Office and have tried using the high-speed "Express
> Network (1XRTT)" Internet connection. Don't see any extra charges on
> the bill!
>
> Anyone have experiences?

Been using it for a few years.. That's the whole Minutes of use thing...
Note the little pop-up says "may" incur charges... it's just a warning...

J <j@lookhere.info> wrote:

> Have Mobile Office and have tried using the high-speed "Express
> Network (1XRTT)" Internet connection. Don't see any extra charges on
> the bill!
>
> Anyone have experiences?

You can use it with just regular airtime minutes, same as making a voice
call. I do it frequently.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com

Thanks to all replies! I'll be using it on the road (after 9pm)

Thanks again, J

Peter Pan wrote:

> J wrote:
>
>>Have Mobile Office and have tried using the high-speed "Express
>>Network (1XRTT)" Internet connection. Don't see any extra charges on
>>the bill!
>>
>>Anyone have experiences?

> Been using it for a few years.. That's the whole Minutes of use thing...
> Note the little pop-up says "may" incur charges... it's just a warning...

I've been using Express Network for two years (using it now, in fact).
Verizon assured me I wouldn't be charged... and I haven't. At the rate
they're going, that could change any time.
--Dave

Begin HHamp5246 quote:

; Someone I know got billed over 100.00 in one month for using EN. He called
; Verizon to ask why and they said he doesn't have the plan.

I switched from an NA plan to an AC plan a little over a month ago, and
I just got my first bill under the new plan/contract. I used data a
few times during the month, and was only charged for minutes.

My guess is that this someone you know probably has the same problem I
had earlier in the year: NA/MOU was only added by default to new plans
late in the summer, plans activated earlier than that don't have it.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"[It's] an after effect of an acute case of death I picked up last
year." (Miles Vorkosigan, "Memory" by Lois McMaster Bujold)

I subscribed to America's Choice in June of 03. I had Express Network, now
known as NA/MOU from the beginning without asking for it. It was shown as a
no charge item on my receipt. I've been using it whenever available to
access the internet without any charges other the MOU.

Don in Tracy, Calif.

> My guess is that this someone you know probably has the same problem I
> had earlier in the year: NA/MOU was only added by default to new plans
> late in the summer, plans activated earlier than that don't have it.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Kaplan

What model phone are you using?

--