ASUS CUSL2...

G

I am in the market for a new motherboard. I have been looking at the ASUS CUSL2, CUSL2-C, CUSL2-C Black Pearl, and the CUSL2-LS. I don't know much about motherboards. Although I did read a lot about these boards, I don't know which one to buy based on my needs. Currently, I have a PII 300 with many upgrades such as the Sound Blaster Live Platnum 5.1 and the Matrox Marvel G200 TV, and an HP CDRW drive, which I will add to the new machine I would like to build... I will be using my new computer for music/MIDI/multimedia/graphics applications, surfing the web via cable modem, wordprocessing...all for home use. I'm planning on buying a PIII processor. Does anyone have a recommendation for a motherboard that would meet my needs? Thanks for your help!!!

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
get the CUSL2-C, or TUSL2-C it has more life than the CUSL2-C so that you can later on upgrade your rig with newer faster Tualatin P-IIIs!

also checkout similar options offered by MSI and Gigabyte, just as good and also come with optional RAID.

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Your current porcessor will not fit the CUSL2 because it is Slot 1 and the CUSL2 is Socket 370.

A good solution would be the BlasterPC, which has the Platinum sound with the Live Drive II integrated into the front panel. It comes with the case, power supply, motherboard, remote, and an FM-tuner for only $150 at tigerdirect.com. It supports from 66MHz to 133MHz FSB and all Coppermine and ealier PII/PIII/Celeron CPU's. I own both the Blaster PC and the CUSL2, and compared to the excellent CUSL2, the Blaster PC is pretty good. I have a PIII 700 at 933 in mine, it's the FC-PGA version mounted to an Abit SlotketIII.

Video killed my Radio Card!

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
From the boards you listed, I'd go for the 3rd one.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>