HEEEELP!!!!

Stinger

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
i have some mobo/processor problems and i need help!!! i i have a k7t pro (ms-6330) ATX VIA MOTHERBOARD and i have had it with a duron 650 for almost a year and it has been working fine until a couple weeks ago......i turn the pc on and nothing happens....it gets power but doesnt boot up.....i opened the case and noticed there were lights on the motherboard.....after looking up what they meant in the manual it says that "system d-led will hang here. The processor might be damage or not installed properly. Damage/discharge lithium battery".....i got 4 red lights on the display....

after researching and inspecting my processor, which appeared melted.... i realized that i didnt put any paste in b/w the heatsink and processor and i figured that my processor was fried.......i ordered a new t-bird 950 and just got it the other day......after applying the paste and installing the processor everything went right i tried turning on the pc and the same 4 red lights appear.......after rteading what they meant again there ws only one more thing to try......i got a new lithium battery and installed it....

i turned it on and the SAME 4 red lights are on!!......i dont know what to do here......i REALLY need help!!!

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Could be several things unfortunatly, next if it were me I would try the power supply. perhaps have it checked out at a local shop.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

marty10g

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
What heatsink and fan?, is it properley seated?
What is the temp of the CPU in the bios?

INTELigence is gained by obtaining aMD

Stinger

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001
i cant get into bios.....im pretty sure the power works b/c the fans and the lights on all the componets come on.....however it doesnt go on from there.....the hard drive doesnt make those "thinkning" sounds and what not....

marty10g

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2001
Check the cable on the HDD & FDD are in correctly at both ends, If these are OK it sounds like next step is the PSU, what is the watt of the PSU?

INTELigence is gained by obtaining aMD