Sign in with
Your question

L.A. Noire for PC anyone?

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2011 4:32:26 AM

Anyone expecting L.A. Noire for PC this fall? Although there's at least one site (Game Debate) that gives us a release date of December 22nd for Europe and December 29th for US).

Did any of you try that on Xbox already who would like to comment on the gameplay, features and so on? Not posting anything in the way of spoilers would be great too :) 

More about : noire

September 13, 2011 3:35:11 AM

The game is great (I own it on xbox)
However, there is little to no replay value what so ever.
The story is relativity good
The driving is poo but, you can get your partner to drive
The game graphically looks really bad
overall, I'd say it's an okay game.
September 13, 2011 4:28:17 AM

Looks really bad, you'd say... oh well, it looked well enough compared to other titles. I will play it for the story anyway, so replaying it is not an issue. Is the driving model worse than Mafia and Mafia II?
Related resources
September 13, 2011 5:54:02 AM

Mafia's driving was okay, IMO. Mafia 2, well not that good.
The game does have some real bad textures. Let's just hope it's not a console port like rockstar's GTA IV was.
September 13, 2011 6:07:08 AM

I really don't want to think about the "console port" part anymore, but when it comes to Rockstar, anything's possible, because GTA IV does not sit well at all with me. Same thing about the new Max Payne, hope they won't break it the way they did with the GTA, or else they should really design games for consoles only if they're so good at it.

Oh yes, end of rant.
September 13, 2011 6:09:41 AM

Developers should do what DICE is doing. First make the game for PC then port it for consoles. :) 
Yes, end of rant here as well. :D 
September 13, 2011 6:13:43 AM

Indeed, I have to tip my hat for DICE. Ever since they started the Battlefield series, Mirror's Edge and even NFS Hot Pursuit, nothing but praise for them. And I do remember playing one of the early STCC games, but at the time I didn't know they were responsible for that too.
September 13, 2011 6:18:08 AM

Yeah, almost all the DICE games are optimized. :) 
September 13, 2011 6:24:48 AM

It wasn't a bad move on EA's part to bring DICE in the house, at least they weren't as stupid as to dissolve it.
September 13, 2011 8:07:41 PM

Gman450 said:
Yeah, almost all the DICE games are optimized. :) 

*cough*mirror's edge*cough*
September 13, 2011 9:35:38 PM

Personally, I would much rather have Red Dead Redemption optimized for the PC.
September 14, 2011 4:14:07 AM

stocker2000 said:

What about Mirror's Edge? It ran on highest settings for me. And he said "almost", anyways :) 
September 14, 2011 10:59:02 AM

stocker2000 said:

I disagree on that,
Mirror's Edge actually ran fine for me. :??: 
What makes you say that it's not optimized ?
!