Sign in with
Your question

Can you mod games from steam cause i cant do it

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2011 10:48:56 PM

can you mod games brought from steam because i have rome total war and cannot put files into game

More about : mod games steam

September 6, 2011 12:22:28 PM

Did you try patching the game ?
m
l
September 6, 2011 1:48:30 PM

You can mod games bought off Steam. I did a few mods on Half-Life 2 some time back, without any issues. Like Gman said, see if your games are patched to the latest version.
m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2011 4:13:29 PM

Also, be careful of which mods you install. Some can be detected as cheats by VAC. If this happens, you will be banned from all online play... and i think it effects all your steam games as it bans your steam ID.
m
l
September 14, 2011 1:21:15 PM

outlawsdman said:
can you mod games brought from steam because i have rome total war and cannot put files into game

Some games can be moded like fallout 3 or hl2, other can not, some are encripted, try looking at the EULA for some information. And while playing MP disable the mod so you are not banned by Steam VAC.
m
l
September 14, 2011 1:22:25 PM

outlawsdman said:

Some games can be moded like fallout 3 or hl2, other can not, some are encripted, try looking at the EULA for some information. And while playing MP disable the mod so you are not banned by Steam VAC.
m
l
!