Pc games 64 bits window 7

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2011 11:59:01 PM

people please help my computer is 64 bit and i don't know which games work on it :fou: 

More about : games bits window

September 6, 2011 1:56:49 AM

suleimanvip said:
people please help my computer is 64 bit and i don't know which games work on it :fou: 

In regards to PC game compatibility, I wouldn't be as concerned with your computer architecture and would be more focused on the technical specifications of your computer's hardware. The main components that are going to determine if your computer can play certain games (in order of most important to least) is your GPU, CPU, and RAM.
m
l
September 6, 2011 12:12:51 PM

Almost all the games released would work on a 64bit OS.
How well the game works depends on the system.
Some games may not work good on 64bit versions of an OS, for example-
Windows 7 64 bit OS has issues with Fallout 3. :) 
m
l
September 6, 2011 5:19:19 PM

suleimanvip said:

Any game released within the past three years shouldn't have any problems on a 64 bit OS. Always check the manufacturer before buying older games though to see what the support is for that game.
m
l
September 6, 2011 5:26:42 PM

foshi13 said:
Any game released within the past three years shouldn't have any problems on a 64 bit OS. Always check the manufacturer before buying older games though to see what the support is for that game.

+1; if you want to play older games on win7, GoG.com is great for that
m
l
September 6, 2011 10:38:44 PM

Gman450 said:

Some games may not work good on 64bit versions of an OS, for example-
Windows 7 64 bit OS has issues with Fallout 3. :) 

Fallout 3 works fine on my laptop with Win 7 64-bit. :) 

However, it is true that some older games may have issues with Win 7 in general. I think I saw some complaints about the Sims 2 not working properly in Win 7.
m
l
September 7, 2011 8:28:08 AM

Hmmm, Sims 2 works fine for me though. Win7 32-bit. :) 
m
l
September 7, 2011 8:59:08 AM

Crysis has problems with Win7 64bit. Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm don't have issues.
m
l
September 7, 2011 9:08:55 AM

FunSurfer said:
Crysis has problems with Win7 64bit. Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm don't have issues.

Really? I can run Crysis in Windows 7 64 bit just fine. Only problem is the memory leak that occurs during the final boss fight, but switching to DirectX 9 mode for the final battle fixes that issue.
m
l
September 7, 2011 10:01:54 AM

For me it freezes or crashes after 5-10min play time. After I changed the compatibility mode from Win XP SP3 to Vista SP2 I could play half of the game with no issues but then it start happening again. All the error messages are windows related. 4 years after Crysis release, when I finally got a PC that can max out Crysis (all very high, 16xAA, 16xAF @1440x900), I can't play it... better half than nothing...
m
l
September 7, 2011 7:03:39 PM

Worse case senario, with windows 7, if the game was made for an older os you may have to run in xp compatiblity mode, Granted your hardware is capable of running the particular game you want.
m
l
December 18, 2011 11:34:07 PM

Hi guys; I've been suffering under Memory Leak issues. I've recently attempted to play both Empire Total War and Shogun 2 Total War - both of which are obviously heavy on requirements anyway. I'm desperate for any particular methods I should utilizes to try and seek out an answer to this fault and it's really quite frustrating. Any help you all could provide would be much appreciated; it doesn't do my gaming ego any good not being able to play these games properly :'( 
- Jon
m
l
January 10, 2012 10:20:18 PM

I have too 64bit but I use Win7 32-bit work easier for the game and windows :D 
m
l
January 10, 2012 10:49:03 PM

cile007 said:
I have too 64bit but I use Win7 32-bit work easier for the game and windows :D 

Not really man. A 32 bit OS is going to hamper your RAM utilization. Especially with any games you may be playing in dx9. Although I'm sure windows 32 bit will play some games fine it won't make your games or the OS "work easier" in comparison to 64 bit.
m
l
!