trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Hey, I am thinking of buying Crysis 2 for the PC, but have some questions first.

How many people still play online? And do many people play on the dlc maps?

I remember in the open multiplayer beta/demo(whatever it was) that occasionally my screen would go white, but I could still hear sound. I think I was forced to window out or quit the game entirely. I'll list specs below, but is this still a problem globally or likely just with my system?

How will it run on my system? I know not maxed out, but the demo/beta ran good on high, granted this was without all the additional customizing.

2500k@4.2Ghz
4GB DDR3 1333mhz
1680x1050

Thanks!

foshi13

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Your GPU is going to hold you back from higher frame rates unless you lower resolution. From what I've heard of the community it isn't exactly thriving but you shouldn't have problems getting into a game and having some fun.

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Seriously? I would be buying it just for the multiplayer, because I found that to be really fun in the demo/beta. But if it's really overun with hackers I don't think I'd want it. That's pretty sad on ea's part to not take care of hackers, especially when they are releasing bf3, will they let the same thing happen in that?

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
They have cleaned up the blatant hacking for the most part. There aren't alot of full servers I get good ping to, seems to be a more popular game for Russians and Brits than Americans, but you can always find a populated server to play in if you can tolerate higher ping. Not sure about the white screen, I never had that issue with the demo or the full game.