Graphisc, sound, modem all on IRQ 11

G

Hello everyone

I have a TNT2 Ultra, ESS Solo (onboard), and a Conexant
Internal modem, and USB Ports

Looking at Device Manager, they are ALL on IRQ 11.

How do I change this?
or does it not matter as there are no reports of
a conflict in Device manager.

Im using Windows 2000 with an Aopen MX3L motherboard

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hagger123 on 08/16/01 05:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Toejam31

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
IRQ sharing is a normal condition with ACPI enabled in Windows 2000. As long as you have no conflicts or system problems ... leave it alone.

Toejam31

<font color=purple>My Rig:</font color=purple> <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=6847</A>

G

Occasionaly my system suddenly shuts down when Im on the
modem and playing movies from websites at the same time

I think its because they are all sharing IRQ 11

How do I go about allocating the IRQ myself?

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There are multiple ways you can do it, depending on what type of motherboard you have. If your motherboard has a programmable interrupt controler, you can manually allocate which IRQs go to which PCI slot. If you do that you have to make sure the "Plug n Play Enabled OS" value is set to No or Disabled so Windows won't allocate the IRQs. If you don't have a programmable interrupt controller on your mobo, then you'll have to check your mobo manual and find out which PCI slots are assigned which IRQs and manually move the cards to other slots to change them to an IRQ that is free. Check your device manager to see which IRQs are free and do it based on that. However, if all are used up you should still try to switch them to where the video card is all by itself, and the sound card and modem sharing seperate IRQs with a device that isn't too critical.

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

TRENDING THREADS