Crashing

hi, recently my computer has been crashing a lot, say
there are a few(but not many) programs running and I
click a button and bang the computer wud reset, if i was
in the middle of doing something it would also do the
same, its soo annoying.
I have 512DDR Ram
1800 AMD Processor
80gig Hard drive.

Hi

Do you see any error messages just before the crashing or are there any
entries in the Event Viewer that may point towards the problem? Which
version of XP are you running?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Sean McBrien" <seanthesheep1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi, recently my computer has been crashing a lot, say
> there are a few(but not many) programs running and I
> click a button and bang the computer wud reset, if i was
> in the middle of doing something it would also do the
> same, its soo annoying.
> I have 512DDR Ram
> 1800 AMD Processor
> 80gig Hard drive.

Hi, no no error messages appear, the system just
collapses, in the event viewer it says these errors:

System Errors

1)
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2
8058b56e, parameter3 b5c93ad8, parameter4 00000000.

2)
The Network Address Translator (NAT) was unable to
request an operation of the kernel-mode translation
module. This may indicate misconfiguration, insufficient
resources, or an internal error. The data is the error
code.

(this one happens quiet often but as far as i know and
with the time of these events, the computer never crashed
due to these errors)

3)
The General Purpose USB Driver (adildr.sys) service
failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is
disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated
with it.

4)
Error code 0000004e, parameter1 00000002, parameter2
00007807, parameter3 0001dfef, parameter4 00000001.

5)
The server {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not
register with DCOM within the required timeout.

6)
Windows XP hotfix migration failed, leaving Windows XP
partially updated. See C:\WINDOWS\xpsp1hfm.log for more
details.

Application Errors
1)

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True
Vector Engine ) cannot be found. The local computer may
not have the necessary registry information or message
DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You
may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The
following information is part of the event: .

This also happens quiet often

2)
Fault bucket 139788904.

3)
Faulting application ctfmon.exe, version 5.1.2600.1106,
faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address
0x7502b274.

4)
Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 -- Error 1335.The
cabinet file 'PCW_CAB_NDP' required for this installation
is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a
network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a
problem with this package.

5)
Product: KSU -- Error 1905.Module C:\Program
Files\KODAK\KODAK Software Updater\7288971\Program\frext-
7288971.dll failed to unregister. HRESULT . Contact
your support personnel.

What does all these mean?! are they usual?