Firefox 1.0.4 Released!

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Firefox 1.0.4 released last night ... get it here: <A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/" target="_new">Firefox 1.0.4</A>
Install notes: <A HREF="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.4.html#install" target="_new">Installing Firefox</A>

<b>"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."</b> <b>Hunter S. Thompson, <b><i> Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas</i>, 1965.</b>

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
/bump ...

<b>"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."</b> <b>Hunter S. Thompson, <b><i> Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas</i>, 1965.</b>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Those quirky folks at the DeathStar (Microshit) have disabled the windows updates page via Firefox. Given a choice of Firefox or updated windows, I choose Firefox. There are quite a few handy plugins for FF.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
I have FF but is not my default browser. I use it almost all the time, only when something doesn't work in FF I open it in IE. What would I lose if I make it the default browser? What doesn't work well with FF?

Basically, ActiveX content will not work with FireFox. That would be the only thing you would miss.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

G

I don't miss anything useing Firefox as default. There is always a plug-in for what I need. IE is still there if I need it, which is only for windows updates. And when I click on the windows update icon in the start menu, it automatically opens a IE window, even though Firefox is my default browser.

It hasn't been 'disabled'... it's always been set up to work with ActiveX. IE is the only browser that supports it. Whether that's a good thing or not is of course debatable. ActiveX can certainly be a huge pain in the ass.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

sobelizard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Yeah, and will be deadly when hackers figure a way to spoof any of the update servers.

<b><i>Powered by <font color=blue>V</font color=blue><font color=purple>E</font color=purple><font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=purple>T</font color=purple><font color=blue>O</font color=blue></b>
Fueled by <b><font color=blue>CL-</font color=blue><font color=red>ONE</font color=red></b>

jmwpom3

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2005
I totally agree. Some people SAY they can't do this or that. But, usually it's just that they didn't thake the 2 minutes to load up the necessary plugins. (flash,or whatever)
BTW, anyone notice that now the new IE is going to have "tabs"? How funny.
<font color=green> AMD- Intel's choice for Best CPU manufacturer </font color=green>